LMB aggression... any hope of taming them?

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
I'm soon going to try to keep one with my peacock bass,Gold Clownknife and my dorado.... I'll update you guys on this when I do. Should be pretty soon,

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Temperate fish DO NOT belong in tropical setups!
U
I agree that it won't work in the long term. I've always kept my LMB in unheated tanks and don't mix tropicals.
That also sounds like an aggression disaster too. I bet the LMB kills the pbass or the dorado kills both bass. The clown knife might be ok if it is huge.

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
i have my LMB with 4 jags... they are with the LMB for a month now. i think they are use to getting beatup already that they don't mind it anymore (surprisingly there are no injuries, just some very very small scratches). the usual pecking happens everyday, the bass chases them around but they just hide. when feeding time comes they come out and are unafraid of the bass.

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio
i had grown out 4" LMB to 14". it was very friendly when it was young but right around the 10" mark it would not allow any other fish in the tank. it did fine the the two sunfish i had it with for life but when i added a 10" Florida gar the LMB bit it's tails off and wouldnt let it surface to breathe. i let it go in my pond on my family's ranch. so no public water ways harmed.

trick1441

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Minnesota
How big is your tank? When I first started I got 4 largemouth from my lfs and they all got along until they got to about the 6 inch mark. I then upgraded my tank from a 55 Gallon to a 90 and the fighting stopped. I kept one of the bass in the tank and moved the others to a pond in my backyard so I could add some more different species. So basically try a bigger tank if you have a smaller one also add more cover for them to feel secure. Usually they just like to chill under all my driftwood

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store