Orino Cichla ID

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
at that size its hard. the one closest to camera in first pic looks venezuela to me. the second pics look farm boys so prolly hybrids but the important feature for id (at least for me) is head slope and thats missing from the pic :p

are the above orinos for sale or are they your fish? best way to know where they came from would be to ask the seller. they usually have an idea on wild cichla...

Fort Wenty

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2013
Fort Wenty
Great I wanted a confirmation before purchasing. It's less than 5in and they said they're not sure where it's from.
Could it be the Venezuelan gold spotted Orino?

& Are there any juve rio meta Orinos around anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Great I wanted a confirmation before purchasing. It's less than 5in and they said they're not sure where it's from.
Could it be the Venezuelan gold spotted Orino?

& Are there any juve rio meta Orinos around anymore?

I would say if you didn't purchase them from the few vendors who had the "gold spotted" then it's probably just the usual Orino which should be rio meta. Most Orinos I have had regardless of their location a Juvi size have had some sort of spotting then grew out of it. These new gold spotted have a complelty different pattern all together almost like a snakeskin type patter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store