is Willits,California a good place ?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....and,based on the information that has been posted already,it would appear that if the true owner did want to sell the property he/she would certainly sell it for much more than eight hundred dollars...and probably wouldn't have to contact someone outside of the state let alone the country to get a deal done.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I know some people up there that grow, uh, herbal medication. It seems like a pretty cool place, but I am really not a fan of NoCal. If this offer is Legit, with no strings attached, I would jump on it. Is this parcel willed to you or something ??

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Willits is in Mendocino county. Cultivation of ''medication'' is basically what drives the economy up there nowadays. Kind of a weird place, as the locals are leery of outsiders as they think that you are going to step in on their business. I know some guys that have been up there for over 10 years and they are still treated like outsiders.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just curious Rob but is that whole,"medicinal agriculture"'aspect the reason you are not a fan of NoCal?

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Just curious Rob but is that whole,"medicinal agriculture"'aspect the reason you are not a fan of NoCal?
Not at all man. I was actually in the business for years during what I call my ''pirates life'', but not up there. ;). I just don't know what it is about NoCal. It should really just be it's own state. Sort of a different culture, different slang, Raiders fans, colder weather, Hippies, I could go on and on. I don't know, it's just not for me. I do go up there once a year to race, and I'm sometimes up there for legit business.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well thanks for answering.I like to read fellow members impressions and opinions on the areas they live in.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity Counties make up the "Emerald Triangle". Beautiful country. Living out of Willits, CA can be rural living at its finest. It is less than 30 minutes from Ukiah, CA which has a population of over 12,000. (Willits has a population of about 5,000). Hwy 101 goes right through the middle of Willits. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of traffic lights going through Willits. I think they are to encourage travelers to stop and spend money in the numerous little shops along the road.

If you have a legitimate offer of $800 for that lot, that is a very good deal, as the neighboring lots on an average are $3,000. It is on a ridge, so if you are planning to build something, you need to make sure a flat can be put in. I am sure there are no utilities there, so you should check for springs on the property, or check out the cost of drilling a well. My parents lived in Southern Humboldt County (just north of Mendocino County) for 23 years. They had to develop their water system by tapping into three springs on their property. In the summer, CAMP (Campaign Against Marijuana Planting) would sometimes fly over their property in helicopters in their search for cannabis gardens. Living in the Emerald Triangle is certainly different than living in a Southern California metropolis.

Westie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
Bay Area CA USA
Not at all man. I was actually in the business for years during what I call my ''pirates life'', but not up there. ;). I just don't know what it is about NoCal. It should really just be it's own state. Sort of a different culture, different slang, Raiders fans, colder weather, Hippies, I could go on and on. I don't know, it's just not for me. I do go up there once a year to race, and I'm sometimes up there for legit business.
Funny. Up here we think of southern californians as foreigners. Different dress. Different lingo. I was living in Tahoe and we took a road trip to Mammoth and the locals took one look at us and determined we were "dirt farmers." lol

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity Counties make up the "Emerald Triangle". Beautiful country. Living out of Willits, CA can be rural living at its finest. It is less than 30 minutes from Ukiah, CA which has a population of over 12,000. (Willits has a population of about 5,000). Hwy 101 goes right through the middle of Willits. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of traffic lights going through Willits. I think they are to encourage travelers to stop and spend money in the numerous little shops along the road.

If you have a legitimate offer of $800 for that lot, that is a very good deal, as the neighboring lots on an average are $3,000. It is on a ridge, so if you are planning to build something, you need to make sure a flat can be put in. I am sure there are no utilities there, so you should check for springs on the property, or check out the cost of drilling a well. My parents lived in Southern Humboldt County (just north of Mendocino County) for 23 years. They had to develop their water system by tapping into three springs on their property. In the summer, CAMP (Campaign Against Marijuana Planting) would sometimes fly over their property in helicopters in their search for cannabis gardens. Living in the Emerald Triangle is certainly different than living in a Southern California metropolis.
sounds like my kind of area......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store