Turtle help

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I'm not use to turtles at all, but my dad wants one. I'm not really a turtle fan myself but there's one I would like to have. It's called the pig nose turtle or the Fly River turtle. I tried looking for them online... Are they rare and endangered or am I wrong?
Where can I find one?
What's the price range for them?
If you guys have any information for me I would love to hear it.
I'm a true turtle rookie.
Thanks
Josh

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
They're illegal to import into the US now. The only way you can get one is by buying one that's already in the US which will cost you over $1k.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
They're illegal to import into the US now. The only way you can get one is by buying one that's already in the US which will cost you over $1k.

This. You wont find small ones and they are rarely sold. Also havent been bred in captivity and are endangered in the wild

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Allow me to mention my favorite turtle as a suggestion....Diamond Backed Terrapin.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
Why does it need to be rare?.... I find most people can't keep a RES properly its entire life. Why not get one of those?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
The only way you can get one is by buying one that's already in the US which will cost you over $1k.

Prices are half that in Canada and most times even lower.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah but he couldn't legally drive up there,buy one and bring it back to NY....perhaps one of the softshell species would fit the bill if he's after a turtle with a similar look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store