placing a new order for 4 Lents

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I was looking at the silver dollars but i have some floating plants at the moment. Plus i just spent way too much on the 2 pike species, a new canister filter (Got a new Rena XL for 120 bucks!), and new rims and tires for my car. (You can thank the PA Potholes for that).

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
I was looking at the silver dollars but i have some floating plants at the moment. Plus i just spent way too much on the 2 pike species, a new canister filter (Got a new Rena XL for 120 bucks!), and new rims and tires for my car. (You can thank the PA Potholes for that).
Well there's your problem...Spending money on silly things like cars

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Here are pics in their 220. Again, mean as hell. They are beating the crap out of the RTM and the La Cieba I have in there but leave the 3 Melanura I kept, the Parrot, and the Chuco.

Interesting that they seem to hate other fish that are piscovores...as if they can tell by body/mouth shape. They leave the "Generalized" fish alone. I will have to remove a lot of fish from this 220. They are just that mean.

IMG-20140413-00233.jpg

IMG-20140413-00237.jpg

IMG-20140413-00238.jpg

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
Beautiful setup, mrrobxc. I might suggest some amazon swords planted in-between those a couple of those rocks to help with site breaks.

Also, with those larger cichlids in there you could be dealing with some big nitrate numbers. Depending on how your tank is set up, you could add some Pothos to the top of the tank or sump if its exposed.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

Looks great though, and good luck with the aggression ;)

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Once the lents get comfortable and start to put on size, you'll probably have to reduce their numbers as well. You may be lucky enough to end up with a pair (not necessarily male and female... I had two brothers who got along well while attacking everything else in sight). They're beautiful fish but definitely pushy.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Once the lents get comfortable and start to put on size, you'll probably have to reduce their numbers as well. You may be lucky enough to end up with a pair (not necessarily male and female... I had two brothers who got along well while attacking everything else in sight). They're beautiful fish but definitely pushy.
I dread that day. I dont want to get rid of a single one. Hopefully 2 "pairs" develop so I can put a Pair in my 150 and keep a pair in my 220.

Too bad they butcher all their tankmates. The Parrot seems to know how to "communicate" with them like no other fish in my tank can and avoids getting butchered when rushed because they just fan out their fins and say, "I'm cool man...no trouble here...just passing through" and the pike moves on to smack someone else.

mbeatrice

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
boston
Yeah they're aggression sux!! My lent hates plecos it's ridiculous

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store