Water Change Emergency

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Well water is probably actually better for fish with all the minerals in it. Rain water is going to be more acidic more than likely so is do well first.

NickoT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2014
Dtown
Well water is probably actually better for fish with all the minerals in it. Rain water is going to be more acidic more than likely so is do well first.
Thanks. Ill use chlorine remover from now on. But the well water does seem to do some good :)

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
if your really worried about the water by a gallon of bottled water if just a small a small Betta bowl, or move into small bowl until you can get the water conditioner you need,In the wild they live in puddles hope that helps you out Noel

NickoT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2014
Dtown
if your really worried about the water by a gallon of bottled water if just a small a small Betta bowl, or move into small bowl until you can get the water conditioner you need,In the wild they live in puddles hope that helps you out Noel

I always heared bottled water contains minerals harmful to fish..?

NickoT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2014
Dtown
To make my previous question a little easier to.understand; say i feel up my new 60 gallon with straight tap water with no water treatment chemicals and let it sit for a week.. the tank is then safe to add fish?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
To make my previous question a little easier to.understand; say i feel up my new 60 gallon with straight tap water with no water treatment chemicals and let it sit for a week.. the tank is then safe to add fish?
I'd think so but you won't grow any bacteria until the chlorine is gone more than likely. Sorry,mi honestly couldn't tell you for sure.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Tap water with chlorine would be good after a day or two cause it gasses out of solution. Like the poster said earlier. That's why water treatment plants use chloramine now--chloramine doesn't gas out like chlorine does. They want chlorine/chloramine in muni water supply to kill bacteria that make people sick--like cholera and dysentery.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store