Status
Not open for further replies.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
Thanks guys.

To the fellow asking for the video , there is a video on the post so... ?

and fair points to wonder about how old or how long these will live. They are big but they are not ancient. Their bigness is from good quality water condition and healthy diet , not from age. My guess is the indo is in its low teens and the ntts are maybe 6-7years old. I have read datnoids can live up to 30years. Whether that number is for wild or not, I dont know. But without predation and being in stable condition, fish in captivity can potentially live longer than their wild buddies. I cannot guarantee how long they'll live after you buy them but if you take good care of them, they will be around for a looooooong while.

BUMP :)

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
+1
Too old for my pockets. I enjoying my ST less $ than that.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Hey Erik the menace, your ST ain't even close in size to this indo. An ST at 24"s would easily fetch 3k and up! You have noticed he is including two 16" NTT??!! Right? Have you ever seen larger NTTs for sale? Once you take into account the NTTs, indo is being sold for about 1k. And who knows, your ST might be older! You my boy Erik but come on now. :) and you have noticed his OBO?

Wish i had the money just for the indo. *sigh*

Bump!

Geofroniac

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
San Gabriel
Hey Erik the menace, your ST ain't even close in size to this indo. An ST at 24"s would easily fetch 3k and up! You have noticed he is including two 16" NTT??!! Right? Have you ever seen larger NTTs for sale? Once you take into account the NTTs, indo is being sold for about 1k. And who knows, your ST might be older! You my boy Erik but come on now. :) and you have noticed his OBO?

Wish i had the money just for the indo. *sigh*

Bump!
Honestly uncle Frank, thank god my ST is not at that size yet cuz I still wanted to enjoy it longer. And sorry I been noticing this indo has no offered cuz members is intelligent enough not to input. Out of respect is an awesome monster dats no doult about that. Btw uncle Frank my birthday is coming up. Sorry for using your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Why not separate them? I think it could help with the sale of all and both of the NTT can enjoy owning their own tank like your IT obviously is by the video. Or at least sell the IT separately and sell the 2 NTT together if you really think they're inseparable. Just an idea to help rid these dats

BTW worrying about these fish dying of old age soon is truly ridiculous in my eyes. Many, many years to go if properly kept. That IT may go 27 to 28inch or bigger when it's all said and done imo.. which is many years away

johnnycoolxx

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
Grandma's Basement
I think OP should separate them too. It's hard enough finding a buyer for 1 giant dat, but finding a buyer that has room and cash for 3 giant dats is asking too much I think.

I also think if they were separated, it's more likely they would become stable. I've owned big dats in groups before and almost always when I put 1 big dat on his own, he colored up. IMO, they are more likely to color up when they are the alpha in the tank.

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
I think there are a lot of variables with finding the right buyer. You need someone with a lot of expendable cash, a lot of space, absolutely loves both IT and NTT (maybe this person likes only NTT, not IT or vice versa) doesnt want to wait years and years to grow them out AND within driving distance.

That being said, theres a better chance of selling them seperate. Honestly, I can tell theres a HUGE sentimental attachment to them and it reflects in the price and the unwillingness to seperate. You should consider separating.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
I agree it will be difficult to find a buyer to take both. It'll be a sad sight to see them get separated as the NTTs hug the IT close all the time. But they must move on I suppose....
IF I let them go their separate ways, I would want them to be picked up at the exact same time . As I dont want to sell one or the other off and have the tank running and seeing one lonely fish swimming around without his old buddies for weeks.
$1500 for the NTTs and $1000 for the IT . price firm . firsts to confirm with the other to show up and pick up together gets it.

BUMP

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
I agree it will be difficult to find a buyer to take both. It'll be a sad sight to see them get separated as the NTTs hug the IT close all the time. But they must move on I suppose....
IF I let them go their separate ways, I would want them to be picked up at the exact same time . As I dont want to sell one or the other off and have the tank running and seeing one lonely fish swimming around without his old buddies for weeks.
$1500 for the NTTs and $1000 for the IT . price firm . firsts to confirm with the other to show up and pick up together gets it.

BUMP
Hi my name is Sean. I'm interested in IT dat. I'll make a trip to San Francisco. Wondering if anyone wanna join in for Ntts. Thanks
And see, this is where it kills everything. You got someone with cash for the IT, BUT does someone want the NTTs at the same time?..... IMO just let this dude buy the IT, and wait for another buyer for the NTTs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store