In your fish keeping experience how often has a "impulse fish buy" worked out?

mikey13

Feeder Fish
Dec 12, 2010
minnesota
I would have to say it only worked out about 25% of the time. But I enjoy impulse buys because if I'd never impulse buy my first few non-commonfish then I probably would had never stuck to this hobby. For me that impulse buy of that oscar from petsmart was like a gateway drug to other cichlids, because if I had never bought my first oscar then I probably would had never even bother to study about it thus never being expose to info on other cichlids.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I would nave to say none of my impulse buys have worked out since I have got rid of them all over the years. The ones that I researched and planned for are still with me.

I would nave to say none of my impulse buys have worked out since I have got rid of them all over the years. The ones that I researched and planned for are still with me.
The fish in your avatar is wonderful.

Thank you, my pearsei was one of my planned fish. It was a long process to get one with several sick fish and deaths before I finally got a nice healthy one. Her name is Porkchop because she likes to eat.
Porkchop is a fantastic name. I may borrow it for one of my fishes. :)

JesNicole

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2012
Saint Louis
Honestly, I've had good luck with all of my impulse buys. I would say that 98% of my impulse buys have worked out. The exception being the ghost knife I bought for my smaller tank got eaten by my baby tiger oscars.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I would say it works out most of the time,Its the thrill of the hunt,the cheap price for that cool fish I never see,the addiction to have more fish,bigger fish you just never stop looking. And having two 420 gallon tanks,150 tank to keep putting them In

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store