Anyone into ball pythons ? Oh Lucy!!!!!!!

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I can't speak for the ones in the pics but an acquaintance of mine runs a shop in Texas and they have all sorts of hots. They also have connections with a lot of breeders and whenever an old retired breeder dies, they give the snake to him to feed to his king cobra. I agree though, if they were perfectly healthy, that's just a waste

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
I can't speak for the ones in the pics but an acquaintance of mine runs a shop in Texas and they have all sorts of hots. They also have connections with a lot of breeders and whenever an old retired breeder dies, they give the snake to him to feed to his king cobra. I agree though, if they were perfectly healthy, that's just a waste

By no means am I saying this is wrong if those snake were sick and on there way out or already died of old age but those perfectly healthy would just be stupid
What's the name of the shop in Texas just out of curiosity ?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I don't remember. He's not my friend. Just an acquaintance of mine that I met through another friend. He posts pics all the time on Instagram though of him feeding the king all sorts of bp morphs

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
By no means am I saying this is wrong if those snake were sick and on there way out or already died of old age but those perfectly healthy would just be stupid
What's the name of the shop in Texas just out of curiosity ?

Out of curiosity, why is it okay to feed a normal ball python that is healthy but not one with mutations that is healthy?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I think he meant that it would be a waste to feed perfectly healthy high dollar morphs when they could just sell them to make a huge profit. Feeding perfectly healthy normal bp's would be a waste as well IMO but that's 1 of the headaches with keeping obligate snake eaters especially a king bc finding a decent size snake to feed a king every week is super expensive unless it's converted to rats. I believe if its a snake eater in the wild, it should stay like that in captivity. If you wanna make it easier on you by converting it then you shouldn't have gotten a king cobra. Sorry. I digress

gutterflower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2012
trinidad
Hi, I bought two last week.
One common and one pastel. I love ball pythons but I am not that morph savvy, I do believe that I am correct about these two though. Would appreciate if anyone out there knows different.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409585838.500789.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409585859.305251.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409585873.782635.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409585884.705369.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409585910.852822.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409585919.381268.jpg

Exotic_rep

Feeder Fish
Sep 1, 2014
Caribbean
I love them. I bought two a couple months ago, unfortunately they both died within three days. I am really not sure what could have caused it. I bought everything new, enclosures, substrate, hides etc. i set everything up and added them. One immediately went under the hide and never came out, the other kept going into the water dish and soaked, came out a bit then went back in. I don't know what i could have done wrong. The temp was ok, ranging from 78-85. I thought maybe i should have disinfected everything and sterilized it all before adding them. Does anyone know what may have happened? So i can do differently next time.

i used zoomed fir bark substrate, half round hides and cork hides, zoomed under tank heat mat, flukers ornamental plants, ceramic water bowl (with tap water), exo terra forest branch.

one ball python was a baby just about 12-13 inches (that one died under the hide) and the other was larger about 20 inches (he was always going into the water).

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Damn! I'm sorry for your loss man. Can you give more about the enclosure and maybe post a pic? I've never heard of them dying that fast unless it was stress related

Exotic_rep

Feeder Fish
Sep 1, 2014
Caribbean
I bought em in Ft Lauderdale, left them at my aunts place while I got my export permits sorted to ship them to the caribbean. She called me about two days after i left and told me that the smaller one seemed to be dead and that the bigger guy was barely responding to them tapping the glass, he was in the water bowl. I really am not sure what to make of it all. I though maybe the temp was too cold at night with the aircon on in the house, but they would have had their under tank heat mats. It is all just really strange. I felt guilty for so long that i bought them and they died so soon after. Don't have any pics of the enclosure. But it was a zoomed terrarium enclosure. Would they die so quickly due to stress?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store