why can't i have an aro group

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
there is nothing by me and it would be pointless other then my own knowledge to test them. if it was a pesticide from the apt they wouldn't replace them for me. i can't even get them to fix the ac unit. it took them 1,5 yrs to fix the curtains. i am just going to have to take it and just see what happens to the catfish. i hope they make it, but i have accepted them as dead. i will be selling them to the lfs after they heal. except my niger.

it is awful. i am just glad it is not a total loss of all my fish. some would be extra hard and expensive to replace. for example my 2 goliath african tigerfish, 2 cuban gar, 2 longnose gar, shortnose gar, achara catfish, bowfins, endli. the list goes on.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I just wondered whether there are labs that do test fish tissues, or not. to possibly prevent more losses, if you got more info.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i would most likely have to contact the u of m or something. i just don't for see it possible or practical

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
well today the catfish are all still breathing, but on their sides. they filp over once and a while and twitch till they end up on their sides. i want to just call it an pull the plug on them, but i am still stuck on that glimmer of false hope they will come back since they are still breathing.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Bummer.
Did you ever look in the filters?
I wasn't trying to persuade you to test.
for dogs, I think it was no more $100.00 for the Lab biopsy, which was sent out of state. not counting the vet.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Just dragging the misery out on you, makes my stomach churn

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
Sorry for the loss. I think like you mentioned one or more fish regurgitated some food and caused toxic water- with that many large fish in a small tank the reaction was multiplied ten fold, especially oxygen levels. Some fish, like the gars, can live in the worst water conditions you can think of. When catfishes whiskers curl is a tell tell sign of bad water quality.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Sorry for the loss. I think like you mentioned one or more fish regurgitated some food and caused toxic water- with that many large fish in a small tank the reaction was multiplied ten fold, especially oxygen levels. Some fish, like the gars, can live in the worst water conditions you can think of. When catfishes whiskers curl is a tell tell sign of bad water quality.

ill never know for sure, but i have not seen vomit cause that much that fast. as well as after they were moved into anothere system and they continued to worsen. that part is my only hinderence on the total vomit theroy. i know it played a part, but not all. another thing i have been thinking about if it was a vom fest why didnt the largest tsn that died first vom? if i spooked it at all it would vom. i would think it should have been one of the first to do it but it didnt. i know ammo burns are bad, but would they be so fast, could they be so fast? also could they show up a day after being in a new clean system?

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
no one is stating the obvious because i know what i am doing and everyone knows this. take a look in the stickies for my name, about the 6th one down.

the true obvious thing is that this is a completely random thing. not sure on the exact cause, but a random event non the less.
I read your sticky. Good read and I agree with what you wrote- great info. An 8x3x2 is a good minimum tank size for one adult aro. Not sure how that translates into it being ok to keep 5 subadults, a few monster cats and some gars in a 180G. In my opinion, this is not a random event. You are way overstocked and when you overstock, things like this are much more likely to happen.

"I know what I am doing" is not the most believable statement in a thread dedicated to how you fish are dropping like flies. Just sayin'. Maybe consider that your bio-load is too high for that size tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store