Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
We don't know the nature of the calls, could just be that it got loose a lot, which is the owners fault. If it had done any damage it would of already been euthanized by the 3rd call let alone 33rd haha. I don't like to hold prejudice against pit bulls just because they're pit bulls

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Get to screw up my morning with a deposition about a work incident from four years ago that didn't actually involve me. Appreciate even more the disdain people have for those soulless bloodsuckers, I mean lawyers.

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Another dog shooting, here locally.

Owners are so blind. The Police were in the street when the dog charged them and animal control has been called 33 times against this dog for terrorizing the neighbors yet the owner says he was peaceful.

I heard about the animal control calls on the radio.
The dog went around terrorizing people who were just doing what they naturally do? Too often we see this happening

Maybe it was sweet karma that got it in the end,..... some might say

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Just saying, a former fighting pit (we knew from the scars) was either let loose or got away, walked into the backyard of my aunts house in Rochester where me and my cousins were playing (we were about 8 to 15 at the time, 6 of us) we immediately started playing with it, didn't growl bite etc but my aunt freaked when she saw what was going on out the window and came out to"protect" us. This dog was so good about everything they adopted it and it was honestly one of the best dogs ever. The meanest dogs I've ever met were hunting labs. Wouldn't even let their owner touch them. That's where my angle on dogs comes from, especially pits.

Running loose and barking may seem to "terrorize" people who don't know any better and share the disillusion that all pits are dangerous, it obviously never attacked anyone or it would have already been taken, the owner is at fault here for not properly containing this dog.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Do you tell people not to fear snakes because you held a 10 foot python before? There's legit fear for some people when they encounter a loose dog of certain breeds on the street. Your personal experience will never get rid of their fear. I can respect that a loose pit bull is a scary situation for some people, no different then snakes or spiders.

Id be pissed if my dog got shot but I'd take all blame if he got loose.....repeatedly.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
On a more positive note, I'm pretty chuffed. Got some amazing football boots today and getting a new pond inhabitant soon ;)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
On a more positive note, I'm pretty chuffed. Got some amazing football boots today and getting a new pond inhabitant soon ;)
Sturgeon ?? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store