WHO HAS THE BIGGEST? or Can you beat this?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Got a better measurement today - had a heck of a hard time. A solid 18 inches - BEAT THAT! Starbuck is only 2 years old - still a growing girl! View attachment 1044587View attachment 1044588
Really nice. The 260g will be free soon after all my monsters go into there 1k+ pond. Really tempted to get one! A white variant though.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Thanks! You should totally get one. She is the "white" variant though. You can get one like this, or a gray one. I'm not aware of one that is white-white.

INTHECOWBOYSWETRUST

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2013
TOLEDO OHIO
I love people like you. You see the age of someone and immediately make an assumption about them. Yes I live with my parents and I'm blessed to be doing so. However, that's about all you were correct on. You know nothing about me. I pay for everything tank related. The bills, the fish, food, equipment and so on and so forth. I work a job and have been doing so from age 12. I'm also at college studying applied science and A-Levels as well as being in the process of opening up my own business!

I never stated that k626 was a bad fish keeper or was wrong for putting her kids first. Any humane person would do that and rightly so. I simply stated a 20" fish shouldn't be in a 18" wide tank.

I stated it was ignorance to think that was ok. It is and I stand by that.

K626, clearly this has been blown way out of proportion as a simple statement has been taken as an insult to you personally. That was not my intention. I did not make my comment as a personal insult to you nor was I suggesting you were wrong for putting your kids first. I simply stated that the fish needs a tank with a wider width. That's my opinion and what I take to be fact as if the fish can't turn without touching the sides, I personally feel it is in too small an environment. My apologies if you took that as flaming or once again, as an insult. Once again, I will mention intex pool as they are much more affordable than tanks and can work miracles! Do check it out!

Inthecowboyswetrust, before you try and judge someone on something as irrelevant as their age, take a moment to understand their perspective. I'm not your average 17 year old and the direction I'm taking in life is certainly not to be taken lightly. I'm not here to tell you my life story and frankly, I don't give a crap about someones opinion who believes it's ok to generalise people on age. If you would like to say something in relation to my opinions, I'd appreciate it if you could pm me directly so we can sort that out on a one-to-one basis rather than you throwing out comments which have no place on this forum.

To the op, my apologies that this thread got derailed. I hope the comments which have no relation to this topic can be removed so that the thread can operate with its initial intention.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquari

Ok well I would like to start this by saying if even half of what you say you are doing for yourself or plain to do in the future is true, Congratulations to you!!! You are few and far in between... And by no means am I calling you a liar but please remember this is the internet and you can be anybody you want to be on here, So I have learned not to believe half the B.S. I read on here!!!

Now the next thing is me mentioning your age... The reason I mention that is because the way you was talking to that lady calling her ignorant because you feel her fish should be in a bigger tank made you sound like a ignorant 12 year old kid!!! I don't care how right you are about her needing a better tank you should not talk to people like that... that lady has never done nothing wrong to you and you completely disrespected and insulted her over the size of a fish tank, So by that yeah you act like 99% of other ignorant little kids in this world disrespecting a adult!!!!

And by me saying you live at home with Mommy and Daddy and they pay all your bills, that had nothing to do with your fish keeping... I am referring to them paying the house rent or note, paying the lights, gas, water, phone, cable, internet and all the other things a 17 year old kid knows nothing about!!!

I could understand you acting like that if she had the fish in a 29 gallon tank or something but that is a 6' long tank giving the fish plenty of room to swim around until she can afford to upgrade to a bigger one.... O my god if the fish's tail touch's the side of the tank you are abusing the fish... That just sounds stupid to say!!! I bet if you had a 10,000 gallon tank and sat there and watched the fish in it their tail will touch the side of the glass all day long.. That is not abusing your fish, Not feeding your fish, Not doing regular water changes, Not cleaning the tank and filter is abusing your fish!!!!

I don't care how cool you think you are or how rich you think you are or how special you think you are, You are dead wrong for talking to that lady like that just because you think she needs a bigger tank!!!! PERIOD!!!

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Ok well I would like to start this by saying if even half of what you say you are doing for yourself or plain to do in the future is true, Congratulations to you!!! You are few and far in between... And by no means am I calling you a liar but please remember this is the internet and you can be anybody you want to be on here, So I have learned not to believe half the B.S. I read on here!!!

Now the next thing is me mentioning your age... The reason I mention that is because the way you was talking to that lady calling her ignorant because you feel her fish should be in a bigger tank made you sound like a ignorant 12 year old kid!!! I don't care how right you are about her needing a better tank you should not talk to people like that... that lady has never done nothing wrong to you and you completely disrespected and insulted her over the size of a fish tank, So by that yeah you act like 99% of other ignorant little kids in this world disrespecting a adult!!!!

And by me saying you live at home with Mommy and Daddy and they pay all your bills, that had nothing to do with your fish keeping... I am referring to them paying the house rent or note, paying the lights, gas, water, phone, cable, internet and all the other things a 17 year old kid knows nothing about!!!

I could understand you acting like that if she had the fish in a 29 gallon tank or something but that is a 6' long tank giving the fish plenty of room to swim around until she can afford to upgrade to a bigger one.... O my god if the fish's tail touch's the side of the tank you are abusing the fish... That just sounds stupid to say!!! I bet if you had a 10,000 gallon tank and sat there and watched the fish in it their tail will touch the side of the glass all day long.. That is not abusing your fish, Not feeding your fish, Not doing regular water changes, Not cleaning the tank and filter is abusing your fish!!!!

I don't care how cool you think you are or how rich you think you are or how special you think you are, You are dead wrong for talking to that lady like that just because you think she needs a bigger tank!!!! PERIOD!!!
I don't think I'm special. I don't think I'm rich. I've apologised several times if my posts came across as rude. At the end of the day, the things you are referring to come with age. I may not pay my own rent but like I said. You know nothing about me. You don't know what I do or do not know and I don't take people coming up with assumptions about me as a light issue.

The point of the matter is, if you can't do the right thing by the fish then attempt not to keep the fish. That was the whole point of my statement. I wasn't acting out of order. My initial response was simply the fish needs a bigger tank. The response I received was why. I explained. The simple fact I needed to explain why the fish needed an upgrade was enough for me to say that this is coming across as extremely ignorant. I never said she is abusing the fish lol. I simply stated a larger tank is necessary. If stating facts makes people act "like a 12 year old kid" then by all means call me what you must. The simple fact is that if it's not possible to upgrade then maybe it's time to start researching into a potential new home for the fish.

I'm done with arguing on this issue as it's ridiculous and irrelevant to the op. I will state for the last time to K626 that I apologise if my posts came across rude BUT I hope my stance was understood. I presented a potential solution and I hope you look into it as it may be beneficial to your situation. Good luck.

To the OP, my apologies for the derail

K626

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
South FL
30? That looks bigger than 30, just my opinion. Especially if those o's are 10 inches lol. Full tank shot? You sure you didn't mean 300?

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
30? That looks bigger than 30, just my opinion. Especially if those o's are 10 inches lol. Full tank shot? You sure you didn't mean 300?

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Think that the 30 g was a bit of lite banter about the ongoing disagreement. Sarcasm FTW!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store