May 5, 2014
USA
Lophiobagrus sp. maybe

Wolfeyes

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Michigan
Those were the best pics I could get. I will try to borrow a better camera. I think lophiobagrus may be correct. L. Brevispinis looks almost right. My fish is slightly mottled in color, very faintly. Body shape and fin placement look very similar. It has small nostril barbles, mustache barbles, and I will have to check if he has 1 or 2 sets of chin barbels. The only thing majorly different is that mine has a forked tail. This is way closer to a definite ID than what I was able to find on my own, thanks.

Wolfeyes

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Michigan
Slightly better pics. I checked and it only has 1 set of whiskers on it's chin. Its very fast and squirmy, hard to get a good shot. The Oscar is not a problem right now. The cat has his hidey hole, only comes out at night and is very fast, and the Oscar is a bit "Special" anyway. I would like to find out what the cat is so I know if it will be a problem in the future. Hoping for size rage of 6"-12" rather than 3 feet.

DSCN9622.JPG

DSCN9613.JPG

DSCN9614.JPG

DSCN9617.JPG

Wolfeyes

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2012
Michigan
Could it be a Rita? Looks the same to me, but I've been looking at so many catfish pics and scientific names my eyes are going buggy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store