Plastic plants or no?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
I like a bit of greenery with driftwood, whether real or fake. Anubias are one of my favorite and they are low light, easy plants that look great. However, my severum annihilated the anubias that were in her tank. You could try it and see jf your fish leave it alone. Tie it to the driftwood. You could also add some tall fake plants for a combination of real and fake.
Haha disheartening, a severum is on my list. Along with an oscar..and silver dollars. But yeah I'll try it out.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well I went out and bought 5 Anubias. 3 Anubias nana and 2 Anubias congensis. Tied them to driftwood using fishing line...how long does it usually take for them to anchor to the wood so I can cut the line? I got frustrated while doing it and just threw them on there wherever I could wrap and tie fishing line around them.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oxymus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Freehold
Java Fern look best on Driftwood and no fish like it bitter taste :) few months later your driftwood will cover with Java Fern and your tank will look lively.

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have the Marineland 3 foot plastic bamboo in mine. Looks pretty realistic especially when swaying with the water.

Only real plants I use are pothos.

pumpkin4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store