Hikari Cichlid Gold for pBass

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Anybody here use Hikari cichlid Gold for their pBass as the main food?
I have about 15 small pBass growing up (tems, azuls, monos) and it would be convenient if I can raise them on pellets.
Massivore would cost me a lot and they seem to take Cichlid gold without a problem. I don't mind giving massivore on and off but would like to stick with Cichlid gold for cost reasons.

Any input is appreciated.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I recently bought some baby Ocells to grow out and was lucky they took to the baby size cichlid gold quite easily. I always say: whatever you can get them to eat readily and a lot of, use it. Most important is that they eat often and a lot. Cichlid Gold is a nutritious food, might not be the best, but definitely affordable. I would alternate Massivore every third feeding, just break them into smaller bits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
I dont see a problem. But IMO id try switch them to NLS. Its a better pellet and at a reasonable price in comparison to massivore.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
I dont see a problem. But IMO id try switch them to NLS. Its a better pellet and at a reasonable price in comparison to massivore.

Yeah, NLS is about 50% of the massivore price, it looks like. May be I should switch between Cichlid gold & NLS. :)

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Hey sevank, which NLS pellets do you use as an alternative to Massivore? I only used NLS for my Africans so I dont know which ones would be suitable for medium to large pbass.

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Hey sevank, which NLS pellets do you use as an alternative to Massivore? I only used NLS for my Africans so I dont know which ones would be suitable for medium to large pbass.

I use 10mm sinking (mega fish formula)

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I use gold & massivore, good stuff.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com