Dovii dead.

Mad wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2014
Syracuse New York
My Dovii had a bit of a flip out the other day. Knocked himself out cold, I poked him a bit and woke him up a bit. He seemed somewhat ok. He did the same thing again last night. I feared the worst through the night. RIP buddy. :(.

Mad wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2014
Syracuse New York
He was alone. Kinda stayed hidden for a while. I've been worried a while now. He was a pretty fish, I kinda feel I failed..... Cleaned his tank out this morning and moved some other cichlids in. Mostly juvi's. I feel that my attempts at keeping an aggressive large Cichlid have failed. Not sure I'm ready for the big guys anymore. Going back to the basics, 5" male GT, 4" female JD, 3" female Convict, 1 tinfoil barb, some crayfish, and Goldie's in the old 90 for now. Miss that guy..... No more hyper aggressive super cichlids for me for a while. I'm just not ready.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
He was alone. Kinda stayed hidden for a while. I've been worried a while now. He was a pretty fish, I kinda feel I failed..... Cleaned his tank out this morning and moved some other cichlids in. Mostly juvi's. I feel that my attempts at keeping an aggressive large Cichlid have failed. Not sure I'm ready for the big guys anymore. Going back to the basics, 5" male GT, 4" female JD, 3" female Convict, 1 tinfoil barb, some crayfish, and Goldie's in the old 90 for now. Miss that guy..... No more hyper aggressive super cichlids for me for a while. I'm just not ready.
You didn't fail, things just happen. Lost my big male managuense the same way. Best thing to do is focus on your current fish and try again in a while.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
You didn't fail, things just happen. Lost my big male managuense the same way. Best thing to do is focus on your current fish and try again in a while.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I agree, i had a "whole tank wipe" which caused the death of 2 reticulated stingrays, a paratilapia bleekeri, and a silver aro. I felt like quitting but like what happened to your dovii, it wasnt anyones fault. These things happen
sorry for your loss

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
I agree with Crazy Mike. One loss may hurt but should`nt cause you to give up. That is just part of keeping live animals. Stuff like that happens and you have to keep trying, for the love of the fish. The next one may be the best you ever have.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
You didn't answer question of tank size?
Be honest!
Looks like a 90g from op. But when it comes to fish smashing sides and killing themselves size doesnt always matter. I lost a baby gar one time in my old 500g and I swear if it were a smaller tank and he didnt have 8' to swim he wouldnt have hit the end as hard and maybe not have died

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Do you recall the events prior to the flip out? Any large water changes or change to the tank settings? With edgy fish, I try not to disturb their environment too much in fear of them flipping out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store