Official SCUBA thread 2014

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks for reminding me of that thread.I posted in there a few times but I'd forgotten all about it.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Some of the nurse shark video.
I have to admit a major fail though. At the point where I found three nurses pushing each other around to hunt down and kill a large French angel, I thought I was going to have several minutes of great video. That section isn't on the card. I'm not sure what happened, but I was so heart broken not to have it. (I'm also missing a bunch of the sea turtle footage.)

This starts as a short clip after the male pushed the two females away and continued to chew on the dead angel as the other angel watched (which shows you how strong the bond between angel pairs is). The second part is the male circling towards me to keep me away from his meal. It's easy to see the hook in the lower jaw.

[video=youtube;mj7cEDUC2uI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7cEDUC2uI&list=UUo8-sMPc-gdqKv_vQMaC8Wg[/video]

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Awesome footage.How far out and about how deep was the water at that point?

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
We kicked out from shore - maybe about 350 yards at the furthest out we went. No more than 20 ft deep.

Here you can see the Pier - it's 900 ft. The red circle is where I found the group feeding. The yellow circle is where I found the small pup.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice.That long pier reminds me of a place in Puerto Rico that has a similar pier and we dive and jump from it into the water.

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
I was rafting down the shenendoah river and it is THE BEST place in the world for catfish. I saw 28 channel cats, 16 blue catfish and 3 flatheads. And then a giant SCHOOL of 100+ channel catfish. I have never seen anythinglike it. I have footage of the "school" of 2 foot channel catfish swimming. everytime i saw a catfish i would jump outta the raft free dive down and film it. The school was CRAZY! I did not know channel cats schooled like that!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
There were also a bunch of white colored catfish i guess they were xanthic channel cats or something??? I will post footage ASAP cuz im sure this sounds like a fish tale but i can assure you its not!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds cool but this is not a rafting or catfish sighting thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store