Lettuce holder thing

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I'd recommend spinach and dandelion leaves. With dandelions, just make sure you collect it from an area that doesn't get chemical exposure(fertilizer, herbicide, etc). You can soften the leaves by blanching (quick dip in near-boiling water, then immediately rinsing off with cold water). Boiling tends to remove quite a bit of the nutrients from foods.

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
I'd recommend spinach and dandelion leaves. With dandelions, just make sure you collect it from an area that doesn't get chemical exposure(fertilizer, herbicide, etc). You can soften the leaves by blanching (quick dip in near-boiling water, then immediately rinsing off with cold water). Boiling tends to remove quite a bit of the nutrients from foods.
With dandelions it would be hard, here in the suburbs. Id go with the spinach. Should it be boiled, preserved in the fridge, etc? I never fed fish home foods before sorry

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
With dandelions it would be hard, here in the suburbs. Id go with the spinach. Should it be boiled, preserved in the fridge, etc? I never fed fish home foods before sorry

As I already said, blanch don't boil. You can also blanch a large batch and keep it in the fridge for later use, or use frozen spinach from the grocery stores........just thaw it out and feed

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
How long would you think frozen spinach leaves last in the fridge?

Dunno about the fridge, but if you can keep them in the freezer, basically forever lol. Get the ones that are super compressed, they come in tiny little balls and are really easy to thaw out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store