Rescued Dat

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
Great job on the rescue, guess the employee didn't pay attention to what it was mixed with.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Mix up crushed pellets with the emerald frozen you are feeding him already. Add some frozen bloodworms to that mix as well. If u crush up the pellets nice you can mix them with the frozen foods so they are like a past/dough texture. Roll up little pieces and drop in by spoon.

This gets him used to pellets. Over time increase the amount of pellets. Eventually he is eating straight pellets. This method has worked great for all my fish. Bass and dats included.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Mix up crushed pellets with the emerald frozen you are feeding him already. Add some frozen bloodworms to that mix as well. If u crush up the pellets nice you can mix them with the frozen foods so they are like a past/dough texture. Roll up little pieces and drop in by spoon.

This gets him used to pellets. Over time increase the amount of pellets. Eventually he is eating straight pellets. This method has worked great for all my fish. Bass and dats included.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I will try this tonight, also going to try the shrimp again tonight just gonna soak it in garlic guard first, see which he is more inclined to take

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Tried both methods and he did not like the emerald entree mix. Spit it right out. I waited about 45 mins to see if he would take to it but no go. The shrimp stuffed with pellets worked like a charm once I soaked it in garlic guard. He nails it as soon as it hits the water.

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
He got moved into his new 6ft home today. He stabled right up and ate after only an hour of being moved. He really seems to enjoy the current from the filter. He plays in it a lot.

image.jpg

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Awesome pic of the tank. So it is liking the current, huh? I might have to try that myself one day. Thanks and appreciate you sharing the pic with us.

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Yes I was
surprised. I expected him to stay on the side of the tank that has no current but as soon as he found the filter outlet he played in it for a good 15 minutes. And it's a fairly strong current.

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
He's doing great. Starting to really put on the weight. Haven't started pellet training yet. Still eating fresh shrimp stuffed with massivore. I'm going to try and post a video tonight.

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
nice pick up, 75% off on a nice indo ill go for that any day. hes already looking good just gotta beef him up a bit

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store