How to get Ntt to eat non-live good???

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
If you really want to get them off live food and get them onto shrimp, start from bloodworms. After feeding bw for a while, mix the bloodworms with cut up shrimp in a cup. The bloodworms will stick to the cold shrimp as you twirl the cup around in tank water to defrost. Pour the mix in the tank. Your ntt will eat the shrimp accidentally. Reduce the amount of bloodworms until its all shrimp. Give it a shot. It has worked on my ntts and ngts every time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fury78

Feeder Fish
Feb 23, 2011
singapore
Another way is to mix other pellet/mp eating fish into the same tank as your ntt and just feed pellets or mp, let the ntt starve at every feeding time and in time to come, it will have no choice but follow the diet of the rest. it works for me though.

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
NTT datnoids are the most PITA to pellet trained. All of them are wild caught.

I decided the best way to have a pellet trained datnoid is to bring pellets to store. The chosen one is the pellet eater.. I got lucky and saw a small ntt ate the pellet.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
For me I got my NTT to take BW first then krill then tilapia. the tilapia I just stuff pellets in it. he chows it down! My AT... Pain in the ass. only wants krill.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store