Status
Not open for further replies.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
And the part about the news of the guy being sent home being edited out? It got turned into its own whole story! http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-us/ This is serious business, and hiding things is the absolutely worst thing to do. The point of this information is be prepared, not scared. I'm just not sure how well American media can responsibly report the information that's given to them. :p

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Let the fear monging continue. I heard that parents at the school(s) that the 5 kids who were around the Ebola victim are pulling their kids out.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Yeah, I'm pretty ticked to hear that there was no asking about travel history on the part of the hospital. :/
Thomas Eric Duncan is from Liberia, and he supposedly told a nurse that he was visiting the US from Liberia. They still sent him home.
http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-case-stokes-concerns-liberians-dallas-053920222.html

He was so sick he went by ambulance to the hospital. They continued using the ambulance for two more days. He has been in isolation since Sunday. He was sick enough that he went to the hospital on 9/24. He was put in isolation on the 28th. When did he become symptomatic? If he first felt sick on the 24th, then he was only infectious for 4+ days before he was isolated. The five children had contact with him over the weekend (when he would have been infectious). We are reassured because school officials said the children show no symptoms. Oh wait, it can take up to 21 days to develop symptoms.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Let the fear monging continue. I heard that parents at the school(s) that the 5 kids who were around the Ebola victim are pulling their kids out.
I'd pull my kid out too. Ebola is spread through close contact with "bodily" fluids. I'm assuming that's the same thing as body fluids. When US physicians using Universal Precautions including personal protective equipment are coming down with Ebola and are totally clueless how they contracted the disease, it sounds like one doesn't have to swim in a pool of the patient's blood or saliva to be exposed and become ill.

Or could it be that the health care workers who become ill with Ebola all failed to practice good infection control techniques? They all knew that they were dealing with a deadly virus. Were they simply just careless?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; The fact seems to be that he was exhibiting symptoms on the 24th and therefore was shedding virus. His condition worsened during the days before being admitted and put in strict isolation on the 28th. He was shedding virus during those days. He must have had symptoms a bit before the 24th in order to feel the need to go to the hospital.

I understand that many want to have a lot of confidence in the health care system here in the states. There has been ample advanced warning for many weeks and yet they dropped the ball on the very first case by sending an infected person home from the emergency room.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I started digging my bunker after work, between the ebola and the common cold, err what ever n68 , I would not be doing this but I can not make sure my kids wash there hands and then want to hug me. sense I live in a postage stamp mansion I do not have allot of yard. hoping the neighbors understand. I am stocking up on hand sanitize as it can double as a recreation drug. IE mixed with Jello. and do to my bunker size restrictions, cases of beer and crown royal will not work, just letting you know you all not see me in a few weeks,I am fine and in my bunker, glued to my PDA and listening to the updates from the national news on this pandemic tragedy, when safe I will emerge and at that time send out my position in hopes that the survivors have set up a safe zone with a complement of artillery to fend off any infected. FYI your fish can not get Ebola.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Great. The guy was vomiting outside the apartment complex where he was staying. In Liberia he helped transport a woman with ebola to a hospital where she was turned away. He then took her back home and carried her into the house where she died. Four days later he arrived in the US.
http://news.yahoo.com/traveler-liberia-first-ebola-patient-diagnosed-u-003007621--finance.html

How hard would it be to put cold water on your face and head just before they take your temperature at the airport? That Liberian American that lied about not being sick and got to Nigeria where he could have better treatment was desperate to get out of Liberia. What's to stop other desperate people from lying so that they can get to the US for treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store