mature leo with semi mature motoros?

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I'm thinking my females are almost matured. I got them at the beginning of april and I'm assuming they were around 3-4 months old as you could see their markings. That would make my rays around 1 year old and at 12" in size, they might be matured (or close to being matured). I'm not sure if that changes anything

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I'm thinking my females are almost matured. I got them at the beginning of april and I'm assuming they were around 3-4 months old as you could see their markings. That would make my rays around 1 year old and at 12" in size, they might be matured (or close to being matured). I'm not sure if that changes anything
They wouldn't be mature at 1 year only and they are still small at 12" disk

2 males may fight they may not
I had a male motoro rip out a male Leo eyes before over night

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
They wouldn't be mature at 1 year only and they are still small at 12" disk

2 males may fight they may not
I had a male motoro rip out a male Leo eyes before over night

I've read that females have bred at 1 year old and at a size of 12". While this might be a rare case, mine are about the same size and age. Most threads I have read say that it takes rays a couple years to reach the size that mine are. The leo is about 6 years old and its only a few inches bigger than mine.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Well I went ahead and got the ray. I overestimated the size of my rays, but this guy is behaving so far. Guess we will see how things go by morning. My largest female seemed much more stressed than the others when I added him. I will grab some pictures soon

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Oh wow. There is certainly a size difference if that's the biggest female you may need to separate them until the Motoros catch up some because he may run them ragged being that much bigger then them... Definitely a good looking leo though! Nice pickup!

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Thanks! I will keep an eye on him. He hasn't shown any interest yet, and I'm hoping that will be the case until females grow a bit.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
That size difference isn't that bad
I have mix much bigger size differences
It all depends on each Ray

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1419076105.627717.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com