Discontinued equipment you miss

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
What piece of discontiniued equipment that you use, or used to use, that you really wish was still made by the manufacturer?

For me, it's the Second Nature Diatomagic filter. I love the thing. It's noisy while it's running, but it definitely gets a lot of really small particles out of the water. I leave it run for an hour and the DE clogs up pretty good with debris.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Never had them but I was always intrigued by the old Supreme power filters and also the rotating spray bars for wet dry systems....even now I'd like to have one of those rotating bars.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Same company but different item.The item you describe was the Skilter.
image.jpg

image.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hey I just noticed you are in Bensalem..have you been to that shop on Street Road that sells all used equipment and tanks?
I vaguely recall the Dynamaster name but that's about it.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Geez. I started about 25 years before W/D systems and protein skimmers.

I miss the dual piston Dynamaster air pump. Also miss the HOB Power+ 600 filter.
Hello; I know that pump. Noisy but moved a lot of air. One fellow ran his entire fish shop on one.

I miss the brass air valves. I still have a few survivors.

I also miss the stainless tanks and the air powered HOB filters. With these you can run tanks as long as you have a source of air. Not much flow, but enough to make a difference.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I miss my old silent giant air pump, had one for nearly 30 years before it made noise.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wh remembers this widget?
image.jpg

image.jpg

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
Hey I just noticed you are in Bensalem..have you been to that shop on Street Road that sells all used equipment and tanks?
I vaguely recall the Dynamaster name but that's about it.
The only one I can think of on Street Road is Bensalem Pets. I try to avoid that place. It's overpriced and gets a lot of bad reviews online. I've been shopping at The Hidden Reef in Levittown. The store is HUGE. And they sell Angelfish from a local breeder.

Kind of reminds me of the old Martin's Aquarium when I was a kid. I loved that place. Now, it's a furniture store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store