Back up Generators in case of powerless

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Have a Subaru 4100 watt and runs all my tanks, and more. Have had it for many years and still runs like a champ.

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
You get what you pay for with a Honda, world class engineering and build quality.
with it's limited use even a Chinese knockoff will probably last a lifetime and serve its purpose.

Pumps are basically glorified electro-magnets. I've ran some fairly sensitive electronics off of DC inverters in the past.
Is it the hertz that make the difference?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
You get what you pay for with a Honda, world class engineering and build quality.
with it's limited use even a Chinese knockoff will probably last a lifetime and serve its purpose.

Pumps are basically glorified electro-magnets. I've ran some fairly sensitive electronics off of DC inverters in the past.
Is it the hertz that make the difference?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It's the shape of the sine wave. With out a quality inverter making a pure sine wave my pumps did some rattling but could never spin. Square sine waves have a lot of issues, especially with electronics and compresors which they can damage.

I found the 2nd post a good read.
http://electronics.stackexchange.co...-pure-sine-wave-power-supplies-marketing-spin

Sent from my LG-E980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
That reminds me I should get my generator out and run it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store