"Mini" Motoro Stingrays?

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Be careful with a local source...to my knowledge there is no difinitive way to tell if a marble will stay small other then when it stops growing,
He doesnt have to be careful because nothing was ever offered to him he saw something i have and assumed he had a source why i dont know because i dont know him and never told him there was something for sale. Now lets be clear about the subject i know very little about rays, i helped a guy obtain small spotted sleeper gobys about 4 and a half years ago because he wanted to breed them. He was impressed with my MARBLE GOBY breeding program and would tell me about his program to breed mini motoro wich i had never heard of. I went to his house for the first time to try and help him with his goby program. He later showed me 2 180s with 2 small rays in each tank that he said were grown. Couple months later i went to sell him a belodontichys dinema and he said the rays had pups and he gave me one to raise. A little over a year and a half later i have a male ray that is very healthy energetic and eats very well that is still under 7 inches the slowest growing ray i have ever see. The man who breed him is almost 60 years old does not sell fish and knows people from ecuador and brazil and a few other countrys south of the board that he used to sell and buy dogs from. I meet him because we both bought dogs from the same kennel in ecuador. He also gets fish from time to time He could care less about the internet or selling fish and is into fish soely for his own injoyment. I know this is a very long post but i do not like how the op tried to make it seem as if something was presented to him for sale when it never was. So his claims of warning signs are bunch of bs. I havent talked to the old man since i lost my last phone so i have no clue about his program currently. NOTHING WAS EVER OFFERED TO THE OP AND NOBOBY EVERY TOLD HIM THERE WAS ANYTHING FOR SALE THE WHOLE HE MIGHT HAVE A LOCAL SOURCE AND WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS REAL BEFORE HE JUMPS OUT THERE WAS MADE UP IN HIS HEAD. Im not going back and forth on this thread because all the facts are in this post.

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
Whoa, dude... I didn't assume anything. If you look at my post, I said MIGHT have a source... which indicates I haven't been offered anything, and I hadn't asked yet. I was going to ask, obviously, but wanted to check around first. hence, me checking here before jumping out there. Why is that made up in my head? I never said anyone offered me anything. And why are you so upset? Did I miss something here? Did something I this thread insult you somehow? It was not my intent to piss you off, and honestly, I am confused how I did that, by trying to check around before asking if the guy you know who breeds them might be interested in selling any. If anything, it should show I'd be a good owner, trying to do a little research first. I said nothing wrong about you, the breeder, told no lies, made no false claims. I am confused about the anger.

-Rich

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Ahh... thanks. The first warning sign I needed. There was a claim this person breeds them.

-Rich
This is where it came from. The first warning sign of what? I didnt claim anything the guy says he breeds them and so far i have what he says i would have. This statement was the insult.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
This is where it came from. The first warning sign of what? I didnt claim anything the guy says he breeds them and so far i have what he says i would have. This statement was the insult.
It was not an insult.. In general it is tough to tell mini marbles from large marbles, no one knew what "source" he was getting from.

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
How is it an insult? You said it above... I don't know you. All I meant from that statement was simply it was a warning sign that I need to get more information before I go forward. My next question to you was simply going to be, does he actually breed minis, and if so, how does he do it with high success. Until I feel comfortable with the information I am getting, I consider it a "claim". Not necessarily a fact. I thought that was the responsible way to act in this hobby.

At any rate, bruh... I'm sorry you took that as an insult. Nonetheless, I made no false claims, told no lies, nor did I say anything I felt was wrong to you or the dude who breeds them. That said, I'm not going to get into a internet forum fight over this. I was intrigued, asked questions, with the intention of seeing if I could by them if I got the right answers. But all of this is not worth it. Sorry I bothered you.

Mods, please feel free to close the thread. I'm done with the topic. Good luck to you, and thanks for putting this on the radar. I will do my research without mentioning anything about you or your connect moving forward.

-Rich

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
Jay is correct, make sure you can see the ray before purchasing, that way you can see if your male is mature at the size you want. I know I got lucky on mine, good luck!

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
Jay is correct, make sure you can see the ray before purchasing, that way you can see if your male is mature at the size you want. I know I got lucky on mine, good luck!
Given the uncertainty around these, and my inexperience with rays, I'm going to hold off on this until I have more information on it... taking care to not somehow lie on and insult people.

-Rich

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
He doesnt have to be careful because nothing was ever offered to him he saw something i have and assumed he had a source why i dont know because i dont know him and never told him there was something for sale. Now lets be clear about the subject i know very little about rays, i helped a guy obtain small spotted sleeper gobys about 4 and a half years ago because he wanted to breed them. He was impressed with my MARBLE GOBY breeding program and would tell me about his program to breed mini motoro wich i had never heard of. I went to his house for the first time to try and help him with his goby program. He later showed me 2 180s with 2 small rays in each tank that he said were grown. Couple months later i went to sell him a belodontichys dinema and he said the rays had pups and he gave me one to raise. A little over a year and a half later i have a male ray that is very healthy energetic and eats very well that is still under 7 inches the slowest growing ray i have ever see. The man who breed him is almost 60 years old does not sell fish and knows people from ecuador and brazil and a few other countrys south of the board that he used to sell and buy dogs from. I meet him because we both bought dogs from the same kennel in ecuador. He also gets fish from time to time He could care less about the internet or selling fish and is into fish soely for his own injoyment. I know this is a very long post but i do not like how the op tried to make it seem as if something was presented to him for sale when it never was. So his claims of warning signs are bunch of bs. I havent talked to the old man since i lost my last phone so i have no clue about his program currently. NOTHING WAS EVER OFFERED TO THE OP AND NOBOBY EVERY TOLD HIM THERE WAS ANYTHING FOR SALE THE WHOLE HE MIGHT HAVE A LOCAL SOURCE AND WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS REAL BEFORE HE JUMPS OUT THERE WAS MADE UP IN HIS HEAD. Im not going back and forth on this thread because all the facts are in this post.
HahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaahajahahajajahahhahahahahahahahahawowoowowowowowowowowowhahahahahahhaoeooeoeoeoehahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaAaaaaaaAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAOAOAOAUUAUAUAHABAGGAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!###!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you for real? This has to be a joke because your post is so funny....

Drew

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
True, many people have commented on the subject of "True Mini's" and whether they are real or not is yet to be proven, though some of us have them, it has been questioned a number of times.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store