mind = blown. its illegal to pump ur own gas in NJ and Oregon

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
If you drive a motorcycle in Oregon you pump the gas yourself.

I hate not being able to pump my own gas. It takes exponentially longer to sit and wait for someone to come pump your gas than to just hop out and do it yourself. Half the gas stations you need to get out to pay anyways. I have had to wait over 15 minutes AT A PUMP to get someone to pump my gas. Then the attendant doesn't tighten down the gas cap all the way and the check engine light comes on (happened twice in the last month). My friends brother was told he was good to go from a attendant and drove off with the fuel nozzle still in the car. Popped it right off. Freaking idiotic.

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
Hated it when I first moved to NJ but was convinced after the first winter. Nice to stay in the warm car and gas is still cheaper here too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
wow you guys also get piranha soo weird laws

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
The problem with them pumping it for you (i used to live in Oregon) is you always feel like you have to tip them. And then gas ceases to be cheaper.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Since its the law I feel no obligation to tip. Never seen anybody tip here either.

My first job was at a gas station in Oregon and I got tips daily. I hustled though, washing windows, checking oil, running two sides at once. When people see a young guy running and still greet them with a smile believe me they hand you cash.. I was in CLackamas and at the time was a high end income region.

I can still twirl a window sqweegy like a cheerleader lol.. (shut up Jeff)

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I wish someone would pump my gas. There a full serve stations here but they are rare. Winter time would be the nicest. Mind u its always winter here haha just got a foot of snow

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I dont know if its illegal in NJ but I never let those terrorists pump gas into my streetruck. Id love to see them stop me. They are so lazy here anyway if you dont get out and do it yourself, you would lose time off your life waiting for them

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I dont know if its illegal in NJ but I never let those terrorists pump gas into my streetruck. Id love to see them stop me. They are so lazy here anyway if you dont get out and do it yourself, you would lose time off your life waiting for them
LOL.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
If you drive a motorcycle in Oregon you pump the gas yourself.

I hate not being able to pump my own gas. It takes exponentially longer to sit and wait for someone to come pump your gas than to just hop out and do it yourself. Half the gas stations you need to get out to pay anyways. I have had to wait over 15 minutes AT A PUMP to get someone to pump my gas. Then the attendant doesn't tighten down the gas cap all the way and the check engine light comes on (happened twice in the last month). My friends brother was told he was good to go from a attendant and drove off with the fuel nozzle still in the car. Popped it right off. Freaking idiotic.
Ha, I've lived here two years in the most populated city in the state and I don't think I've waited over 5 minutes for gas more than once or twice?
If I ever really get the urge to pump my own gas I can drive the 10 minutes over to Justin's place in Washington and pay $20 for a pack of smokes while I'm at it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store