Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Awesome tank man!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks! The bowfin is probably the least aggressive fish. It only eats sinking pellets and often gets bullied by the rays.
Mine ate pellets and pretty much minded its own business too.
Nice tropical/U.S native fusion display.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
What's he been like any aggression ? Have you had it since it was small ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Nope just got this one. I've had 2 in the past but had to sell them off. Not aggressive yet but I've got some punching bags in there for him (GG and SD's). Hopefully he leaves the rays and gars alone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tautog

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2014
NJ
Nice tank, how big is your Jar? I maintain a school of Giant Danios to try to help keep my Lei occupied and off the other fish.

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Mine ate pellets and pretty much minded its own business too.
Nice tropical/U.S native fusion display.
Thanks. The Bowfin is one of my favorites. Definitely not a "trash fish". Lol

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Nice tank, how big is your Jar? I maintain a school of Giant Danios to try to help keep my Lei occupied and off the other fish.
Thank you. It's about 16". I've always wanted a leichardti but they're pretty hard to find.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nope just got this one. I've had 2 in the past but had to sell them off. Not aggressive yet but I've got some punching bags in there for him (GG and SD's). Hopefully he leaves the rays and gars alone.

Cool I've got a couple of sd's in with mine to try take his eyes off my other fish , my last jar would have smashed them in minuets and anything else silver for that matter he battered anything I put with him , but my new one hasn't been as bad yet he has killed a few tinfoils and a small DAT in his grow out but that was my stupid fault trying to get him used to mates from a young age , the DAT was too small and didn't eat much before it got terrorised to death :banghead::(

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Cool I've got a couple of sd's in with mine to try take his eyes off my other fish , my last jar would have smashed them in minuets and anything else silver for that matter he battered anything I put with him , but my new one hasn't been as bad yet he has killed a few tinfoils and a small DAT in his grow out but that was my stupid fault trying to get him used to mates from a young age , the DAT was too small and didn't eat much before it got terrorised to death :banghead::(

Dang that sucks. So far so good with this guy. No aggression yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store