Email sent ;)

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Is the leptobotia pelligrini known to be the "royal clown loach"? Thought it was leptobotia elongata?
Both have been know to be called Royal Clown Loaches. Pellegrini is less often imported these days and is the smaller of the two Leptobotia and has a darker head coloration then elongata. All Leptobotia are sociable and should be kept in a group if you want to see them as many single specimens can become withdrawn. Hope that helps.

By the way Wes, I had a murphy's law kind of couple of days sending you an email tonight.

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
Both have been know to be called Royal Clown Loaches. Pellegrini is less often imported these days and is the smaller of the two Leptobotia and has a darker head coloration then elongata. All Leptobotia are sociable and should be kept in a group if you want to see them as many single specimens can become withdrawn. Hope that helps.

By the way Wes, I had a murphy's law kind of couple of days sending you an email tonight.
Yes it was helpful thank you. Like they always something new to learn! I wish I could get some of these guys as they are soo beautiful when they mature (not that they aren't when growing out).

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
I missed the Siniperca chuatsi bus .... damn, if more come in i'm down for a couple :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store