New 30g setup.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yea idk what's going to work with them. I still have to think about what I want. I was thinking Angels but they might get nipped at with their long find.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Best bet is otos. From what I remember seem to be only fish ignored by them. But get some more dwarf puffers and can be a species only tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Theyve been fine with my three bushynose, and ive had them with black neon tetras with no problems. Theyre just dwarf puffers, I dont think theyre going to hurt anyone too much lol

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I would love to do something like this in my 29g, but my concern would be maintenance....I usually move all the rocks and stir up the sand in my 110g when vacuuming out the water (I like to make sure I get all hidden debris out). In this sort of setup (the op's) do you just siphon the water out and leave everything untouched, seems kinda delicate...especially if you get moss and plants growing in there. How do you guys keep these types of tanks clean, or rather, do you move everything around when vacuuming and then put everything back the way it was???

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I just set this up so i couldnt tell you yet. Im not too worried about access food right now because i feed my puffers snails and literally like 6 bloodworms that I watch them eat. I drop a few pellets in for my plecos. So i really just have to manage waste. The only thing that will be tough to get around and under is the giant piece of driftwood. For that im thinking about lifting it straight up to get underneath it. The rocks are basically just temporary to weigh down the driftwood. As far as everything decomposing im seeing how fast and how much right now. If i see any stress in the fish they are being moved and I am going to redesign the tank. This is basically a test to see if it can be done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store