Snakehead Fishing in New Jersey

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
That's nice snakehead....would be looking nice on my wall :)

These snakeheads makes fisherman/bowfishers happy :)

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I've been keeping fish for 30+ years and have been fishing for about 50 years - still learning. LOL! I probably kept a snakehead in a fish tank when you were still in diapers.
Did I said any LOL! in my last post?

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
@ that video... NIIIIICE snakehead

Beave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
new jersey
Research is your friend and it is time for you go to research.

Yes snakehead is apex predator with voracious appetites and so are non-native largemouth bass & muskellunge. Tell me why a snakehead do not belong to Potomac River while walleye/trout/muskellunge/catfish/largemouth/smallmouth bass which they are not native to Potomac River has a right to be in Potomac River?
Lol its bc SCIFI didn't make a horror movie about all those non native fish they dont walk into your backyard and eat your babies when your not looking. Getting rid of sbakeheads will be like getting rid of AIDS in america just not going to happen. Thanx OP for the post im going to try amd fish these fish tomorrow. Big fish on the end of my line that put upa good fight is ok with me may as well learn to like them bc they aren't going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kran

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2011
Overland Park
Ok now i understand. Snakeheads = bad when released... note to self make sure purchased fish are not going to out grow the tank i put them in... and second not to self: tis better to flush and lost than to release and regret.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
If you polled the majority of freshwater fishermen in this country, I would be willing to bet that they do not want snakeheads in their local waters.
And these are the same fisherman who destroy the native gar population for fear of what they'll do to sport fish.

fish_sauce

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Taiwan
And these are the same fisherman who destroy the native gar population for fear of what they'll do to sport fish.
Those guys make absolutely no sense at all. They sit there with rifles, shooting all gars they see. Reasoning: gars eat "native" bass, panfish, catfish, and all their spawn. What they fail miserably to realise is that the gars are native, but all the bass, panfish, etc. are not native.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store