Discontinued equipment you miss

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
Sounds good and the place that I mentioned,that sells used stuff is at 1316 Street Rd..It's Fish Factory's outlet store.
I've been there. The place is OK. Haven't been there in a while. I have been to the regular Fish Factory store on 413 right next door to Club Risque. It's a pretty good store.

if you haven't been to The Hidden Reef, I would recommend you check it out. When I bought Angelfish in there, the guy dumped brine shrimp in the tank and would only sell me the ones that we saw were eating.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh yeah I've been to the Hidden Reef and I know the owner,Ziggy from when the store was originally located in a much much smaller building in Philly.That was a few years ago before it burned down.

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
Burned down? Wow.

When I lived in Philly, my go to store was World Wide Aquarium and Pets on Frankford Avenue. I don't think the store is still there. There was also a store that was walking distance from my house that was on Cottman avenue. I can't remember the name of it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
World Wide finally shut down last year and the building is now a Save A Lot supermarket.The place that was on Cottman sounds like one of the old Pets Plus locations.Ibadctuallyvused to work there part time years ago.
You mentioned Martins Aquarium earlier,they were the best.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,is that one of their store credit slips?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't remember it but it's awesome that you still have it after all this time.I have a few credit slips and business cards from local shops that have closed down over the years....Martins was the best,I remember stopping in one day and they had a real live monkey in a cage.The guy said it was five thousand dollars.

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
I think Martin's Aquarium lives on. Joel Martin, the owner of the store is part owner of Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, and i think was their president for a while. There's a pet store in Norristown called Captain Nemo's. On their website is states: "The owner of Captain Nemo’s Aquarium Superstore is the former president of Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc."

i think this may be Joel Martin's new store.

http://www.nemosaquarium.com/

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,I wasn't aware of the AP ownership but I knew about his involvement with Captain Nemos.That was a nice shop the first few years when it opened,it started as a Big Als and then separated from that chain and became Captain Nemos...I heard that it was bought out by the Pets Plus chain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store