Best catfish for my lizards aquarium?

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Everyone says raphs are shy, i had two that were out frequently during all hours. Mainly when they where trying to steal my dats favourite plant pot hiding space. They ate all the time and where very personable

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There is always an exception but the vast majority of them prefer to come out at night.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure if you could get one over where you're at but bullheads are pretty active (providing they've been in aquaria since about 3-3.5" or less and most species average 12-14".

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I'll have a think about the raphs but I would rather have something more active. @divemaster99 I haven't seen any here but I will have word with my mate at the fish store and see if he can get them. Are they aggressive tho? My lizard likes to swim a lot and obviously don't want him getting hurt

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
@divemaster99 I haven't seen any here but I will have word with my mate at the fish store and see if he can get them. Are they aggressive tho? My lizard likes to swim a lot and obviously don't want him getting hurt

nah, they're pretty timid fish unless they see something that they think they can fit in their mouth.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
What about a chrysichthys ornatus or a pimelodus ornatus? I like both of them and they seem to fit the bill, especially the ornate pim.

Anyone kept them or have any ideas why this wouldn't work?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I decided to get a 4 line pim and a feather fin syno, I'm also thinking about getting a hoplo and a gold nugget Pleco, can anyone see any problems with that mix?

Nothing wrong with it, so long as you're fine with the only one that can be seen during the day is the hoplo, maybe the syno when it puts on some size.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Nothing wrong with it, so long as you're fine with the only one that can be seen during the day is the hoplo, maybe the syno when it puts on some size.
I thought 4 lines was quite active? The syno just looked quite cool and I think he will be a good "cleaner" so I am not to worried about that and apart from some of the big ones I have hardly seen any of the plecos I 've had lol I just like the gold nuggets :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store