What food brings out the best color in your fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Might not mean jack for some degrees, but to get an M.D. means 8-12 years of extremely demanding material including years of nutrition. You can't learn nutrition by watching your fish eat.
in humans.
tossing his degree around on a discussion related to fish food and fish digestion is pretty pointless and pretentious.

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
Let me explain why it doesn't matter if we're talking about humans, fish, birds or whatever...

"Not all protein is created equally." -RD

All of these proteins are created exactly the same way by ribosomes reading a nucleic acid template (DNA, RNA). The nucletranslation2.gific acid template is copied into an amino acid template, which is the protein. Again Biology 101, interesting stuff huh. Lemme know if you want to know more about post translation modification, gene expression or maybe another lesson on enzymes and metabolism. RD your info is full of crap, in your Probiotic sticky you dont even define Probiotic correctly.

translation2.gif

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Here's the full quote, which is 100% accurate.

Not all protein is created equally. I could grind up my leather work boots, place them in a bag, and slap a label on that bag that stated a crude protein percentage.

In fish feed, like most animal feeds, it is the amino acid content that determines the quality of that protein. It doesn't matter what the crude protein value is, if the essential amino acids required by a fish are not present in that protein percentage. This is simple fish nutrition 101.

in your Probiotic sticky you dont even define Probiotic correctly.
LMAO, if that's the best you got amigo next time you might want to bring some friends, and pack a lunch.
As I stated in that sticky on probiotics, Probiotics are usually defined as live microbial feed supplements which beneficially affect the host animal by improving its intestinal microbial balance. And I quoted the source of that statement. (Fuller, 1989)

The definition has evolved over time, and once again, unlike human medicine, and the science regarding humans, things are not always viewed in the exact same manner within aquaculture circles. The science in that area is constantly evolving, and as already explained fish aren't humans, and even within finfish the feeding mechanisms & digestion of those feeds can vary greatly.

But hey, big shout out for understanding that amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Nice pic too!

Like I said, I don't even know why I bother..........

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
You don't really think your teaching me something do you, lol. Please don't waist your time bc your actually just wasting everyone's time that reads it. Anyway please continue to knock everyone on my threads/post so I can continue to show everyone how uneducated you are.

Sent from my XT1030 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Over the years one thing that I've learned is that when someone runs out of something intelligent to say in one of these little online debates, they often begin attacking the poster, and not their posts. It's a way of deflecting their ignorance on the subject, and the fact that they generally have nothing to support their position.

I've been doing this a long time amigo, I'm actually old enough to live in that retirement facility in Lubbock TX where you live. (Raider Ranch) And quite frankly I seriously doubt that you're an MD, a DB, yes, but not an MD.

I'm on special assignment with NASA for most of today (I'm a rocket scientist in my spare time), so I will apologize in advance if I don't make it back here to discuss this in more detail with you. For anyone else that needs me please forward your comments &/or donations to neil@nasa.com

Thanks

Reactions: Cardeater

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
dl.uncw.edu/etd/.../katherinesullivan.pdf

Found an interesting article worth a read. They fed black sea bass varying diets including those using only fish meal and certain percentages of Soybean meal. They found that diets with up to 70% soybean meal had no negative effects on the survival, growth, whole body
ash, protein or moisture, muscle tissue proximate composition, or liver tissue proximate composition of the bass.

She even states that "Studies on freshwater species have generally shown higher maximum replacement levels
of SBM for fishmeal. However; some of the freshwater species studied, such as catfish and tilapia, are herbivorous. Khan et al. (2003) were able to successfully replace 100% of the fish meal with SBM in the diets of Rohu, Labeo rohita."

raideranch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
TX
RD, you have no credentials, I am a MD so I don't have all day to correct all your bad info, I don't live at Raider Ranch its a login name I've used else where before that community even opened a few years. Why dont you use your pretend rock science skills to find me on Google? Funny how hard your digging and can't come up w anything

Sent from my XT1030 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store