Thought I had with ro

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
A thought....Have an ro system run on your tank. Have it pull water from your pump return section of your sump as to not get a bunch of crap in it. Then run through the system and drop into the tank. Maybe in the volume of your tank a day.

I thought this as I won't have access to do an ro drip for another year or so. Anyone done this? Would it work in the same way?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
That is a good idea but you would need to get the pressure up to 60psi and I think it would put a lot of strain on the pump you would also need a auto shut of valve to turn the pump on and off if the pressure went above 80psi

It's is a good idea to run like a loop RO tank water RO tank water RO tank water

Let us know how you get on

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
Ro filters produce about a gallon of waste water per gallon of filtered water (some more). You would need a heavy drip on your tank just to combat the waste water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Ro filters produce about a gallon of waste water per gallon of filtered water. You would need a heavy drip on your tank just to combat the waste water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Good point I didn't think of that you would have lots of waste water so the tank would empty as the waste would need to go to the drain

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I forgot about the waste water. Might have to put some more thought into this.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I forgot about the waste water. Might have to put some more thought into this.

I run a 50/50 RO mix with my drip

50% hma water
50% pure RO

It works great

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
I don't let the waste water. ( they need a better term for this ) go to down the drain

My tank would get 75% ro/di and 25% membrane rejected water. The other rejected water would go into my CA tanks ...

I figure outside of gh and minerals too large to pass through the membrane. The tap water went through a sediment stage and two carbon blocks ( designed to break up the chloramine and trap heavy metals) .

Rejected water was far better than my tap for reconstituting ro/di ..

Btw if your RO is producing clean r/o at a 1:1 ratio ? How is it set up as the avg is 1:4 ... 1 gal ro to 4 gals rejected water ..

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I know once I move i will have a drip system of some type set up. Just have to wait until I get there.

I was thinking something until then. Don't think it is going to work.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I don't let the waste water. ( they need a better term for this ) go to down the drain

My tank would get 75% ro/di and 25% membrane rejected water. The other rejected water would go into my CA tanks ...

I figure outside of gh and minerals too large to pass through the membrane. The tap water went through a sediment stage and two carbon blocks ( designed to break up the chloramine and trap heavy metals) .

Rejected water was far better than my tap for reconstituting ro/di ..

Btw if your RO is producing clean r/o at a 1:1 ratio ? How is it set up as the avg is 1:4 ... 1 gal ro to 4 gals rejected water ..

I run 2 x 150gal per day membraines this way you get more good water and less drain water

The waste from the first membraine feeds the 2nd membraine

With normal RO setup you get 4gal of drain water to every 1gal of good water
With the 2 membraines you get one for one

I also don't bother with di as the resin gets killed fast as I run a booster pump which shuts down for 1/2 hour then on for 1.5 hours when the pump turns on you get a high reading of tds 35ppm for the first few mins

The tds out of my RO is 4 and don't need to get it to 0 that's why I don't worry about resin

I put about 400 gal per day into my tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store