New Native Wet Pets

PUHUCBLMX2

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2013
Costa Rica
If you really want your pumpkinseed to be happy, he's going to need at least 300 gallons, a flatscreen TV with an automatic timer to watch The Price is Right every morning & bi-weekly gill massages...

Thank you for this. T

Too often somebody post a question about his tank and someone thinks they need to be the fish tank police, the thread turns into a complete tangent about why he doesn't have more than a 55 for his bla bla or something completely tangent to his original question.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Congrats to your son on his fine fishing skills! Bob & Rocky seem to have found themselves a great new home. :)

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Thanks RD.

Also picked up a 4" marbled bullhead a few weekends ago, in a barter, which has been residing amiably with Bob.

RadioctiveRisk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wa
Awesome new wet pets :D Bob and Rocky will surely be spoiled ( i mean who can beat bi-weekly gill massages :p )

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Awesome new wet pets :D Bob and Rocky will surely be spoiled ( i mean who can beat bi-weekly gill massages :p )
Due to busy schedule with the kids, massages has been cut down to just once a month lol

These guys are in my unheated basement, so they've been a bit inactive with the cooler water temp(+/- 50F). But, with the temps slowly creeping up, they are starting to show some signs of vigor. Bob(SMB) is starting to beg for food again more frequently and Rocky is more piggish than he has been in the last several months

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
When I had my smb with some sunfish he pretty much ignored them but he hated the slightly smaller more timid bass in there with him, he eventually beat it up so bad I had to put it down. Then he went after the sunfish so it was his time to go too. But it's good that you're get along

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Due to busy schedule with the kids, massages has been cut down to just once a month lol

These guys are in my unheated basement, so they've been a bit inactive with the cooler water temp(+/- 50F). But, with the temps slowly creeping up, they are starting to show some signs of vigor. Bob(SMB) is starting to beg for food again more frequently and Rocky is more piggish than he has been in the last several months
PICS!!!!!!! I just got my 310 up with yellow perch, black crappie, a bluegill, a channel cat and a bullhead, best tank I own hands down haha.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
PICS!!!!!!! I just got my 310 up with yellow perch, black crappie, a bluegill, a channel cat and a bullhead, best tank I own hands down haha.
Pics are in 1st post of this thread from back in Oct. Haven't really grown much since then since they haven't really eaten heavily during the winter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store