Noob red cherry shrimp breeding project

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
I've heard about doing self cloning crayfish, I guess those would be a bigger snack, but I'm not sure I have the space for an operation like that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ I keep a colony of Marble Crays in 10G tank to feed my puffer as a snack... It can keep a self-sustaining colony of small crays pretty easily, but i would say ideally a 25G - 30G tank would be much better and you'd be able to rear a lot more large crays...

As for the Cherries... how long have you kept them for now? normally they will take a good 2 - 3 months to mature and then they should start breeding given that you got both males and females in the tank...

Ghost Shrimp have always been notoriously hard to get their young to mature, i think coz they have a phase where they need to be born in brackish water or something along those lines...

kenjivaj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2011
fresno
I also started a RCS tank. Just got them for 4 days. Yesterday one female already carrying some eggs. I brought the RCS from a guy on AC. He mix all size RCS. I order 24 RCS for $25. He gave me some extra with java moss. Then he told me that the older RCS females don't breed as well as younger females that why some are smaller than other. I am also a noob to shrimps. My tank is a 37gallon tank. I got 60 pound plant black gravel of the craiglist for $20. I posted on the craiglist that I needed java moss and java ferm before i got my shrimps. Someone gave me some java moss free. I still waiting for the java ferm. An guy was selling me 4 meduim java ferm and a bunch of small ones for $5. My friend gave me 13 mini anubias plant for free. I just needed low lighted plants for now. The drift wood was also given to me for free too. My use planted gravel came with malaysian trumper snail. I did or got all this to start a shrimp tank. I am breeding them to feed my frontosa fishes. Frontosa can only be feeded sinking pellet or they float and die. So shrimps will be perfect for them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1332821588.326652.jpg

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
I also started a RCS tank. Just got them for 4 days. Yesterday one female already carrying some eggs. I brought the RCS from a guy on AC. He mix all size RCS. I order 24 RCS for $25. He gave me some extra with java moss. Then he told me that the older RCS females don't breed as well as younger females that why some are smaller than other. I am also a noob to shrimps. My tank is a 37gallon tank. I got 60 pound plant black gravel of the craiglist for $20. I posted on the craiglist that I needed java moss and java ferm before i got my shrimps. Someone gave me some java moss free. I still waiting for the java ferm. An guy was selling me 4 meduim java ferm and a bunch of small ones for $5. My friend gave me 13 mini anubias plant for free. I just needed low lighted plants for now. The drift wood was also given to me for free too. My use planted gravel came with malaysian trumper snail. I did or got all this to start a shrimp tank. I am breeding them to feed my frontosa fishes. Frontosa can only be feeded sinking pellet or they float and die. So shrimps will be perfect for them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
PM me with his info please!

fuzzy188

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2011
Canada
No need to throw in ghost shrimps, no hybrids will appear. If any do, be sure to send a pic because I want to see!:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store