Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
What are you running for filtration?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Probably HITH from poor water quality. Plenty of water changes would be my first port of call

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Craters sound like HITH. Looks like it from pictures. From consistently poor water quality. What's your tank size? Stock? Water change regimen?
I agree, probably HITH
The red blood parrots are doing better I just completed a 50% water change today and a 25% water change yesterday but now the Severus eyes are bulging out and it really worries me also there are more holes on his head now this is really worrying me I tested my tank and the only thing that was high was the nitrate and that's why I'm doing the water changes but I don't even know if he will get better or worse or even die at it's worst which I surely don't wish will happen

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That sounds like pop eye aswell, this might help: http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-health/disease-prevention/popeye.aspx

Aphilophus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Dodge Center,MN
dude if u use charcoal in your filter remove it as this can and do contribute to the hith. if the fish can not regain its equilibrium u may have to euthanize it. best way to do it is to freeze them.
sorry for ur troubles.

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
My green terror had hole in the head and I succesfully treated it in its early stages by at first, performing 2-3 30% water changes for 1 week and after treating the tank with metro+ (just follow directions on the back), small amounts of uniodized salt, and bumping the tempreture up to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm not sure if the tempreture and salt helped but the green terrors activity increases at higher tempreture so he was eating more in warmer water, diet is an important part in curing. Feed top shelf foods such as hikari or nls.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store