I was disqualified from jury duty woo hoo!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I got the letter excusing me from selection today and the wife was excused a month or so ago so I should be safe for another two years.Anybody else dodge the jury duty bullet recently?

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I served once. Was about five years Ago and the first time I had to do more than call daily to see if I needed to be at the courthouse. I ended up on a five day attempted murder case. Every question to potential jurors it seemed like I was raising my hand. Legal training? Law enforcement background? Etc. I was amazed that neither attorney dismissed me. I ended up being foreman and had to deal with a full day of deliberation with a couple reasonable people, a couple folks too timid to even get involved in the conversation, a few folks who I can't imagine were capable of filling an order better than half right at Wendy's and a couple folks who it seemed had made their decision before the case was presented. I've avoided serving ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Late last year I was summoned. But they came to plea agreements so we were released. I should be good for a few more years. Got a $7 check in the mail a few months after, put it in the gas tank :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I get letters every year but only had to actually show up once. My employer at the time paid us for juror duty plusit was federal court I got about $50 for pay and mileage, they moved quickly and I was home before lunch.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Do you know someone in law enforcement? Criminal history maybe? I go in two weeks.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I get letters every year but only had to actually show up once. My employer at the time paid us for juror duty plusit was federal court I got about $50 for pay and mileage, they moved quickly and I was home before lunch.
I swear they send me one every 3 years.

I've gotten out of them. One time I was very depressed over girl issues. I told them I'd like to see someone else suffer, so I wouldn't make a sane choice. Two recent ones were because had no one to watch my daughter. There were a few other older ones but I don't remember my reasoning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store