Dec 27, 2011
NY
Nice looking tank.

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
Hi what do you mean by too high, I though it required a big tank/setup?

3 days ago I noticed a white mark on my Arowanas head after research I found out it was head rot and to remove any active carbon I have in the filter which I did immediately and to my surprise the white marks look much better today and I can already see improvement…

So anyone whose Arowana has white marks on the head associated with head rot disease remove the active carbon immediately….

I have been starving him from 2 days now only giving him JBL sticks which he refuses to have… Past 3 weeks I have been feeding him meal worms and some live feeders (Comets) as well but after some reading it is advised to keep a stick/pellet diet with occasional live and other treats so that’s my aim but I am also afraid he hasn’t eaten in 2 days now!!!!
i meant your tank is too deep for small aro and it could be developed to a sbp/swimming bladder problem disease
i'd prefer to lower the water level around 50 maybe 60cm and then slowly add the water level according to the size of fish
but all comes back to your liking and i really hope nothing bad occurs

Some people lower their water level below the lids of their aquariums for arowanas, in an attempt to reduce/prevent injuries from jumping into the lids (which can happen a lot during feedings), which I think is what they were referring to.
no , i was not afraid of jumping aro ... i was concerned about sbp

RAPALA27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2014
Earth
www.youtube.com
Update tank is doing well and so are the fish... Recently added an African Pike and removed the Redtail catfish and Oscar (Too Messy)!!!

Here is a video at feeding time...

[video=youtube_share;Tj1kvZhsnXs]http://youtu.be/Tj1kvZhsnXs[/video]

Some Photos:

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Nice tank

No need to lower the water level I have never herd of high water levels causing swim bladder problems and I think water levels would be higher in the wild

I have never seen the point in having a 150gal tank with only 100gal of water in it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
i meant your tank is too deep for small aro and it could be developed to a sbp/swimming bladder problem disease
i'd prefer to lower the water level around 50 maybe 60cm and then slowly add the water level according to the size of fish
but all comes back to your liking and i really hope nothing bad occurs

no , i was not afraid of jumping aro ... i was concerned about sbp
Why would deep water cause a swim bladder issue?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store