Will 1ft florida gar eat my fish?

Pred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ca
Hello. So I decided to buy a 1ft florida gar online and I plan on throwing him in my 150gal tank with my other fish. I'm a little worried he maybe too big. The biggest (longest) fish in my tank is my reed fish at 9in. Besides that my smallest fish is my Bicher at 4in. In the middle I have my Arowana at 7in and oscar at 5in. What do u guys think? Let me know thanks

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Bichirs and Gar are normally a compatible combination. I would however be somewhat concerned that a 4" Poly might potentially be viewed as a meal by the 12" gar.

Pred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ca
Got yeah. I have a 20gal tank I out him in till he gets a little bigger. As far as the oscar and Arowana go they should be fine right?

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Got yeah. I have a 20gal tank I out him in till he gets a little bigger. As far as the oscar and Arowana go they should be fine right?
no the gar will try to kill the arowana. arowana are very fragile at this size i recommend you to put the aro with the gar when the aro is the same size of the gar or bigger than the gar. as for the oscar put him with the gar when he is 8 inches or bigger.
good luck ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store