Discus Origins Araguaia

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
Here's a couple from when I had one ra and two tocantins. The tocans both ended up suiciding one got spooked while I was away and the other during a water change :/ .
This RA eats anything and everything , wish the orinos were the same

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1406852339844.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1406852355670.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1406852441937.jpg

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
Finally got the big guy to turn somewhat for a pic. This guy? Has been my favorite fish I owned. I had to make him go after my finger to even get a half ass broadside shot. And I still didn't capture it right. Anyway, one day maybe I'll be able to have a tank full of the dif collection points.

uploadfromtaptalk1406874048760.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406873907641.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1406874339547.jpg

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Looking good tomka, that guy is a beast.

Finally got the big guy to turn somewhat for a pic. This guy? Has been my favorite fish I owned. I had to make him go after my finger to even get a half ass broadside shot. And I still didn't capture it right. Anyway, one day maybe I'll be able to have a tank full of the dif collection points.

View attachment 1028816View attachment 1028815

Pretty sure your big guy is a Tocantins not a Ra.....Ra's have the horizontal bar. Notice in this pic the differences between the two, the one with the horizontal bar and the longer head and body shape is the Ra and the more greenish one with the rounder head and body is the Tocantins.

CSC_0221.JPG

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Tomka his head is gonna explode!
Maybe you will get some egg activity in the near future....wouldn't that be cool?

tomka123

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2013
burlington, nc
Yeah that would be cool, but i don't think so. This tank is overcrowded now that they are so big… Maybe when I move them!

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
Looking good tomka, that guy is a beast.

Pretty sure your big guy is a Tocantins not a Ra.....Ra's have the horizontal bar. Notice in this pic the differences between the two, the one with the horizontal bar and the longer head and body shape is the Ra and the more greenish one with the rounder head and body is the Tocantins.
Interesting..I appreciate you pointing that out. When I got the three the two tocantin were together and always smaller than the single ra. So I just figured that's what he was. I'll take the other two out of the freeze soon and maybe you can help me Id them better? Both made it to about 7" so hopefully enough markings to distinguish.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle

Hopefully that works. This is the earliest pic I could find on my tablet. 2 left. Both are tall bodied but with the bar. This must fade with the Tocantins? Maybe the ra was the first one gone

Edit. One in front is the big guy
Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store