help me design a sump

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
I like the bubble trap you added after the filter socks but I don't think you'll need the baffle before the pump... just my .02

(Edit)

If you find that the water sits too still in the media/pump area I'd suggest a smaller circulation pump, something larger than a hydor nano, but not too big as to not draw too much power. If you add air stones then your just adding bubbles for your pump to suck up and throw up into your display.

ctenosaura

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2011
I bought a used 40 gallon acrylic Tru View aquarium for $30. I needed it to only be 13" tall to fit under tank so I ran the top through a table saw and cut off about 3 inches. I then carefully cut the lid off the remaining 3 inches and used acrylic cement to reattach the the lid. As strong as new. Then I figured my interior configuration and siliconed baffles in the arrangement I configured.
Here's a video:
http://s44.photobucket.com/user/ctenosaura/media/flyriverturtletank_zpssopqdutt.mp4.html

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Well I think I'm going with the design I had listed but yes I also see a point in not needing the baedia and sump... Makes sense and would also leave more room for the heater and pump.... I'm just thinking for peace of mind a couple of the air stone in the sump to add the oxygen in the water since I'm running at 84/85degs, may have to put stonefirst compartment with socks so pump don't suck the air and blow it into display, still have to figure out a DIY sock holder for 2 socks lol

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
since you have a baffle when water enters then use that baffle to hold the socks.. i just cut a piece of 1/4" thick acrylic and used a jig saw to make a 7" dia hole for the sock to go through.. to reinforce the acrylic i silicon 2 pieces of aluminum angle iron to each end of the acrylic....

DSC01724.JPG

DSC01724.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store