Prettiest Polypterus species

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
It was sold to me as a sp Koliba from Aquatic Daycare. Jason has always been spot on with his IDs. It could be though. It was my understanding the Koliba and Koloton are very difficult to differentiate. If it turned out to be a Koloton I would be happy though because then I would have one more lap variant haha.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
CAM03985.jpg
Congicus
CAM04393.jpg
Juvenile Koliba Lapradei

My two current favorites of my poly stock.

CAM03985.jpg

CAM04393.jpg

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
It was sold to me as a sp Koliba from Aquatic Daycare. Jason has always been spot on with his IDs. It could be though. It was my understanding the Koliba and Koloton are very difficult to differentiate. If it turned out to be a Koloton I would be happy though because then I would have one more lap variant haha.
Jason is a very good dude I been wondering what his kolibas be lookin like lol thanks for shareing

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
personally i love the color and patterning on endlis. here's my 12" endli

also your congicus looks amazing the lion who ate the sun. i hope mine colors up like that it just came in last weekend. here's a pic of mine next to my endli

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Body markings make me want to lean towards sp. koloton due to the sharp contrast/crisp lines where as the face makes me say sp. koliba. Either way, very nice piece bro!!

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
That koliba is nothing short of wondrous. Holy Grail. Nothing beats sharp contrast on a lap.

Firewitch

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2015
Germany
Here are some of my "babies"

Polypterus buettikoferi

Yesterday I got two new and bigger ones but they're still hiding at the moment...

Polypterus mokelembembe

'till yesterday this one was the smallest of them all - now the smallest is as long as my middle finger and not thicker than 0,5cm. Called him "Sir Worm"... ;)

The biggest moke is about 6'' -one of my "pirates". She and one of the buettikoferi lost one eye before they came to me.

Polypterus senegalus

My first polys - and the biggest (atm ~7''-8''. Not to compare with your munsters ;)

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
IMO the prettiest are palmas palmas don't have any pics on hand but will post some when I can get some of my few. My favorite part about them is the difference in pattern.

Kohaku

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2007
Fish World
IMO the prettiest are palmas palmas don't have any pics on hand but will post some when I can get some of my few. My favorite part about them is the difference in pattern.
I have to agree with u on this. It was this species, i saw on youtube, that got me searching mad for this wc polypterus and I found out its "brother" palmas buettikoferri is also very nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store