Baby Red Pikes

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
A few more pictures of the baby Velocirapters. My daughter has named them now. Eany, Meany, & Mighny! I said that's kind of a funny name for them. "Where's Moe?" I asked? She said ,"They ain't no Moe !" I thought that was pretty funny. They are eating pretty good. Tough to get them off of earthworms & live feeder fish. They are tame enough now to starve them out and switch them to a Hikari Massivore diet. I am TRULY AMAZED at how fast the Massivore puts size on a fish. That stuff is really great, IMO. Anyway, I'm gonna get about 6 more of them and grow them out until the new house is done. Then they are going into one of the big ,built in aquariums in the fishroom. Hopefully, I can get a couple of pairs out of the group to act right and spawn for me. ThanksIMAG0720.jpgIMAG0713.jpgI apologize for the terrible pictures. Cellphone camera, dirty acrylic, and fast fish that never hold the pose isn't a good combo for photography.

IMAG0720.jpg

IMAG0713.jpg

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
The little white spots on the one's head must not be a parasitic problem. When I saw it on the fish in the picture, I went back to check on them, and it's not there now. Maybe it was just sand. Scared me for a second....All is good in the hood though! Thanks again.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Really nice zach, how big are they now? I'd definetly get more especially for the price you got them at. They (johannas) have been bred in captivity before too. I really like the 2nd pic of one of the little pigs munching on a goldfish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
I got them on January 25, 2015 I think. They were 1.5-2" long then. They're about 3"+/- now. Gonna move them to an extra 80 breeder this weekend.IMAG0707.jpgIMAG0716.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

IMAG0716.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store