Bullhead feeding video

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Cool but how big is he that you're feeding him a dozen worms a night?! Mines 6" now and I consider 1 crawler a day to be plenty for him, although normally he gets shrimp pellets instead.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I don't feed him that many worms every night. I'll feed him then wait for his stomach to go back to normal then feed him again. But he does snatch up little pellets from the blue gill whenever I feed them. I haven't measured him but for sure over 12" and thanks brezilian I'm glad people don't think it's lame haha

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't feed him that many worms every night. I'll feed him then wait for his stomach to go back to normal then feed him again. But he does snatch up little pellets from the blue gill whenever I feed them. I haven't measured him but for sure over 12" and thanks brezilian I'm glad people don't think it's lame haha
oh then never mind. That's adequate for a 12"r :)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I feed mine a crawler a day, hes only around 6" though, then I put two fatheads in at night and they are always gone in the AM. He gets a raw small shrimp every few days too just to switch it up.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I feed mine a crawler a day, hes only around 6" though, then I put two fatheads in at night and they are always gone in the AM. He gets a raw small shrimp every few days too just to switch it up.
How long have you had him? Most 6" bullheads should be able to be eating dry by then which is healthier as a staple diet with frozen or live as a treat. My 6" yellow gets frozen or live once a week with 12 shrimp pellets a night for the other days of the week.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
How long have you had him? Most 6" bullheads should be able to be eating dry by then which is healthier as a staple diet with frozen or live as a treat. My 6" yellow gets frozen or live once a week with 12 shrimp pellets a night for the other days of the week.
about 3 weeks I've had him. He eats pellets but this goes on with the argument live vs pellets, I prefer gut loaded live, orrr pellet stuffed prepared too. I dunno, call me misinformed but I feel like a predator should eat prey haha, I know I'm going to be crucified like everyone else that feeds gut loaded live or at least prepared food over pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store