Finally got my 12" blue diamond rhom!

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
That's a nice one, if you don't mind me asking what's the price tag on something like that?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Calc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
BC
I bought this guy for $300 cdn shipping included.

I tried putting live worms in tank for 20mins with and without light on, did not touch it at all

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Have you actually tried live? Or are you just trying to get him on processed food from the get go?
Since it is wild - I would focus on getting him to get (anything) at this point - which he would eat in nature - and then, when he is established - start him on other foods.
Agreed on dimming the tank - lots of cover on top (floating plants, etc.) Don't forget that this is a fish that grew up wild, in a certain habitat. Try to match that to make him feel more comfortable, if you haven't already.

Calc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
BC
well, I had this guy in my friends tank for almost 1 month while i was out of town, my friend thought this guy is not deadly as their name sounds, so he put him into a tank with 5 smaller britlenose pleco and a giant common pleco, he came home the next day and there was only 1 small pleco and the big pleco's tail is gone.

Calc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
BC
so he did have some food, anywaus last 2 days he finally ate 2 fat live worms

ptownmonsterfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
portland
The large diamond rhom I owned wouldn't touch nothing for 2 months.. Didnt care for goldfishes either.. But he would eat tetras and cichlids.. I dropped catfish nuggets in one day and that was money! He went for it as soon as it touched the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store