Fishing season 2k14!!!!!!!!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok I was at erie last weekend (something new there right :)) and caught about 40 fish. Would've posted a lot sooner but we anchored our boat overnight in front of our cottage Saturday night and had some very strong unexpected winds, long story later out boat is having the engine repaired so hopefully it's fixed for fishing next weekend. Anyway, the water inside the mud line was very cloudy and vid was shot until you got at least a few hundred yards offshore so I wasn't able to catch any white bass the pier Friday night. We caught a lot less than usual but still got a bunch of nice 'ens.got the mist white perch this year, about 15. One of which was 12" and 1 pound 15.4 ounces which actually would've beaten the current state record by 3.4 ounces but I didn't figure that out until the evening after, boy was I mad when I found out I would've had a state record, although I'm not sure if it's count because they're technically invasive in erie, I don't really view them as though. White perch aside I caught about 10 white bass, one was 16" and exactly 3 pounds, biggest white bass any one in my family has ever caught and my family had been fishing erie for about 50 or 60 years! Most weren't as serious fishermen as me but I figured somebody would've caught something that size in that much time. Also caught 2 decent sheapheads, 1 yellow perch, and an awesome fighting 14" smallie that broke water twice! Most if the fight was directly below the swim platform of the boat and vis was 20 feet out there so I could watch the fish fighting! Great weekend once again other than my boat getting trashed by waves at 5 AM and hopefully I'll be back on it for next weekend.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

crappiekeeper

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
The land of the pine
May be taking football off this year to prep for my bodybuilding competition next summer. If I do I'll be fishing a lot more and actually be able to contribute to this thread often like I did in the 2013 thread.

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Caught these two fish Ohio channels tonight. The big head one almost looked like a flat head x channel hybrid. Anyone ever heard of that?uploadfromtaptalk1406777592763.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406777608120.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406777582574.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406777619854.jpg
Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store