Convict pair causing problems

swifty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2013
California
Stick with a single convict (females more laid back), and you'll have an entertaining, intelligent and curious fish that will fit well into your 125 once it establishes a small territory :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I heard a lot of this before I decided on mine about 2 years ago and the female I got was pretty damn mean. I had to remove her because she constantly harassed my firemouth.

Since that just recently I tried another female, and she did seem a bit more laid back. I initially had her with my FM/JD and did fine, but now she's with my female kamfa for now (FH is 3", con is 2"). She's tough enough to cross lips with the FH even though she is far out-matched. After her loss she just retreats to one of the many plants I have in the back and emerges 5 minutes later ready to fight again. Really cool little fish, she matches the personality of my FH and that's saying something. No fear when lights turn on, no fear when hands are in the tank, and competes fiercely with the FH for food.

By the way, I remember finding this a while back and while we're on the subject of breeding cons, I think a lot of you will find this funny:

[video=youtube_share;p57NumJWiQU]http://youtu.be/p57NumJWiQU[/video]

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Haha nice post, I got a new little guy at the weekend, pics below.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1409178354215.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409178365662.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1409178375468.jpg

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
I heard a lot of this before I decided on mine about 2 years ago and the female I got was pretty damn mean. I had to remove her because she constantly harassed my firemouth.

Since that just recently I tried another female, and she did seem a bit more laid back. I initially had her with my FM/JD and did fine, but now she's with my female kamfa for now (FH is 3", con is 2"). She's tough enough to cross lips with the FH even though she is far out-matched. After her loss she just retreats to one of the many plants I have in the back and emerges 5 minutes later ready to fight again. Really cool little fish, she matches the personality of my FH and that's saying something. No fear when lights turn on, no fear when hands are in the tank, and competes fiercely with the FH for food.

By the way, I remember finding this a while back and while we're on the subject of breeding cons, I think a lot of you will find this funny:

[video=youtube_share;p57NumJWiQU]http://youtu.be/p57NumJWiQU[/video]
Great video!! Lmao

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Wow...Smh. That's excatly how my 125 was. My convicts had all of my fish huddled to one side. I just couldn't stand it

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store