Official SCUBA thread 2014

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Only one more weekend of diving left this year for me so Matt will have to be the sole contributor to this thread after that :). Going to my local quarry on the weekend of the 20th for the annual camp out and staying Saturday afternoon until late morning Sunday, it'll be the only night dive there of the year. Hopefully I can find some catfish then at least. Been a slow year for diving so pared to last year but I've been way busier with my tanks than last year being up to 7 tanks and 2 bins now.
Hey, we have lots of people that should still be out diving. Haha

Ash where did you vanish to?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Unfortunately I couldn't dive this weekend. Allergy season is killing me already and I couldn't even equalize above water. I'm probably done with diving for this year but I may or may not do some snorkeling within the next month or so in local creeks like I've been wanting to, I'll have to see. I can see if my dive buddy got any nice pictures or videos from this weekend though and if he did I'll post them when I get them.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like I do have one last report to make. Not diving but snorkeling, in a pool in my local creek, in 58F water, with no wet suit :). Deepest spot was 3' and saw several species including: Creek Chubs, Silverjaw Minnows, Redside Dace, Blacknose Dace, Johhny Darters, Mottled Sculpins, and White Suckers.

[video=youtube;wAYxPWY76T0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAYxPWY76T0[/video]

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Anybody dive lately? Matt, you've still got to be enjoying tolerable water temps down in Florida :). I'm collecting next weekend in PA's healthiest creek and if I get there early and the water is tolerable I might snorkel with darters. 50/50 chance. If I do it'll be the end of my pictures and videos for the year. I'm sure we can BS enough on here to keep this alive till new year though :)

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1414056120.793896.jpg

Unfortunately my dad (diving buddy) and I aren't big on taking cameras while diving. We end up getting too focused on taking pictures and then feel like we miss out on the dive. That picture is from the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo, one of my favorite dive sites. We just got back from doing St. Maarten.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Was at my local dive club meeting Tuesday night and apparantly I'm not missing much. They had to stay above 10' for 10-15 feet visibility. It was only 10ft vis from 11-20' and anything below 20' deep was less than 5ft visibility. That's all for me for this year then, water is getting colder and fish are getting slower so I've no reason to dive if there's no fish :).

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
You guys are making me jealous. I've never dove saltwater yet, let alone the keys. I've only dived in PA, OH, and WV. Next year I'm possibly going to curacao in November but that's dependant on money at the time and work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store