Another aro rescue....

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I had to drive 5 hours to get this beast. I'm glad he finally started eating or all would have been in vain.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
Your new rescue looks to me that he/she could have some form of parasite. I would try feeding it pellets with Epsom salt solution soaked in them .As for the eye has it gotten any better ? That growth to me looks like flukes. Flukes are a pain in the arse ! Could be why it wasn't eating . A fish that is infected with flukes will go on hunger strikes. My prized Jag caught flukes somehow from my move. She refused to eat for a month as soon as I started treating her and a few days after treatment she began to eat . She did not show any signs of flukes until a few weeks later. Her eye looked exactly like your ara . Good luck with the little guy . Its sure awful how some people treat their fish but it is even more awesome that someone like you can save them

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Been a while since I've been on here, so I guess an update is in order. The aro is eating very steadily on a diet of pellets and prawn. One eye is pretty much completely clear, but the other is still fogged over. It is improving, but at a very slow pace. I am not at home at the moment, but I will try to get some update pictures soon.

Hennesssy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
California
I shall call you Dr. Davis room 101. No really, I'm a big fan of aros, just sad when it gets neglected.

No one will drive 5 hrs. away for an silver aro that's nearly on its last line. RESPECT.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I shall call you Dr. Davis room 101. No really, I'm a big fan of aros, just sad when it gets neglected.

No one will drive 5 hrs. away for an silver aro that's nearly on its last line. RESPECT.
Lol. Yea aros are definitely of my favorites and thanks! I appreciate that. Still working on getting pictures up.

phuc1115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2013
da nang-viet nam
AWESOME fish keepers!!!. You guys have all my respect now! Thank you davis101 and Miguel, those fish were very lucky!!!
You really change something inside me, really!!!
Thank you, again.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Time for a few updated shots of this guy. Doing a hell of a lot better. Both eyes are clear, but I think the vision in the left eye has been damaged.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store